The latest Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of Congo has ended six weeks after it was first declared, the World Health Organisation has announced.
There had been only one confirmed case in the outbreak in the eastern province of North Kivu.
This is the end of DR Congo’s 15th outbreak of the fatal viral haemorrhagic fever which was first discovered in the country – then called Zaire – in 1976.
Neighbouring Uganda is currently dealing with an outbreak of the virus, first reported last week.
The Ebola vaccine developed to deal with the novel strain is not effective against the Sudan variant that is spreading Uganda.
At least 23 deaths have been reported in Uganda.
Today, #DRC 🇨🇩 declared the end of an #Ebola outbreak that re-emerged 6 weeks ago in the country’s North Kivu Province. This comes as #Uganda 🇺🇬 races to curb an unrelated outbreak declared last week ➡️ https://t.co/cxmdFm1FcY pic.twitter.com/XvH2UU3Y4r— WHO African Region (@WHOAFRO) September 27, 2022
- Review e-levy rate to 0.5% with ¢300 daily threshold – Minority tells government
- Government’s ban on use of V8s in Accra, a mere sloganeering – Dr Theo Acheampong
- MPs converge at Volta Serene Hotel for post-budget workshop
- One arrested, others on the run after allegedly murdering police officer
- After 5 years of repackaging, Skuuls Reunion returns today at El Wak Stadium
- Photos and videos: HITZ FM Skuuls Reunion underway at El Wak Sports Stadium
- Indonesian woman’s body found inside python, say reports
- Government must be commended for reducing e-levy rate – John Kumah
- Sights and sounds: ‘Jama’ session, exciting skaters kick-start Hitz Old Skuuls Reunion
- Ghana is not serious about social progression and inclusivity – Prof. Bokpin
- British Council urges student’s under IAU Programme to become good entrepreneurs
- LUV FM’s morning show team distributes about 1,000 pieces of sanitary pads to needy girls
- Photos and videos: Artistes thrill patrons at HITZ Skuuls Reunion
- Mbappe scores twice as France reach knockout stage
- Messi scores in vital Argentina win over Mexico
- Tullow Ghana reaffirms commitment to grow indigenous capacities
- Ghana’s 2023 Budget: A Missed Opportunity
- I hope Afriyie Barnieh will be used in one of the games at the World Cup – Hearts of Oak General Manager
- VP Bawumia launches $450m Gulf of Guinea Social Cohesion Project
- Gov’t promises more support to Ghana Police
- BoG pegs cedi depreciation to dollar at 54%
- Ghana’s reserves fall to 2.9 months of import cover in October 2022; trade surplus hits $1.87bn
- Average lending rate hits 31.40% in October 2022 – BoG
- Lynx Entertainment unveils kids sensation Afrapa
- Ghana’s economic difficulties have forced me to eat more ‘gari and beans’ – Fameye