The Electoral Commission (EC) has nominated Dr. Serebour Quaicoe to serve as Technical Advisor to the Elections Committee of the Ghana Journalists Association (GJA).
Dr. Serebour Quaicoe is currently the Director of the Electoral Services Department at the Electoral Commission.
The nomination is in response to a request by the GJA, pursuant to a recommendation by the Election Dispute Adjudication Committee (EDAC) of the Association in 2021.
A statement signed by the Association said, “Dr. Serebour Quaicoe will provide technical and any other advice to the GJA Elections Committee to ensure the successful conduct of the GJA national and regional elections scheduled for June 24, 2022.”
Some aggrieved aspirants in the GJA national elections last year petitioned EDAC for a Technical Advisor to be provided to support the Elections Committee.
“The Association must provide the Elections Committee with a Techincal Advisor from the National Electoral Commission, or an elections expert to support the Elections Committee in its functions post haste,” EDAC stated under the General Recommendations sub clause (a) of its report on the 2021 Pre-election Disputes.
- Corrupt officials are like termites… eating the very foundation of our democracy – Torgbe Afede XIV
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Abuse of power is extremely dangerous to our burgeoning democracy – UTAG
- Ghana’s public debt up ¢6.3bn within 2 months to reach ¢575.5bn in June 2023
- Produce the alleged recording of the said inducement – National Security challenges Barker-Vormawor
- Financial system resilient to risks from macroeconomic challenges in 2022 – BoG
- When our moral fundamentals are weak, the economy will explode
- CalBank denies MD exit
- Corruption is the deadliest disease to ever hit Ghana – Domelevo
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest: NMC, Amnesty International Ghana condemn Police brutality
- #OccupyJulorBiHouse: IGP Dampare just lost it, he’s just protecting ‘corrupt’ Akufo-Addo – Martin Kpebu
- Government must pay attention to issues plaguing creative arts industry – D-Black
- Without guarantor system, EC would’ve disenfranchised many eligible voters – Omane Boamah
- Nana Krobea Asante unhappy about Ghana’s decline in peace ranking
- OccupyGhana condemns arrests of peaceful demonstrators
- #OccupJulorbiHouse: Citizens’ rights above that of President, IGP – Kofi Bentil