ECOWAS through the Department of Infrastructure, Energy & Digitalization is organizing a regional sensitization workshop on the implementation of the new ECOWAS Road Safety Policy, Action Plan and Charter in Accra, Ghana from 8 – 9 September 2022.
The new ECOWAS Road Safety Policy, Charter, Action Plan, and Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Framework prepared by the Directorate of Transport Infrastructure Department under its Transport Governance for West Africa Technical Assistance Project, was approved at the 60th summit of the Authority of Heads of State and Government on 12th December 2021.
The framework documents will provide a harmonized platform for ECOWAS and Member States to better coordinate actions towards the reduction of fatalities on our national and regional road corridors.
The intervention also constitutes ECOWAS’ response to the United Nations Second Decade of Action for Road Safety with the global goal to reduce road traffic deaths and injuries by at least 50 per cent by 2030. With this new Policy and Charter, the Commission wishes to intensify its work with Member States and Development Partners to achieve improve road safety in the region, which is one of the major themes and key activities planned under the ECOWAS Transport Governance Technical Assistance Project, being financed jointly through the Cooperation Agreement with the European Union and counterpart funding from ECOWAS.
Participants expected at the 2-day physical workshop will include related Directorates of the ECOWAS Commission, road safety experts from Ministries and Agencies of Member States and Key Partners such as African Union, UNECA, AfDB, SSATP-World Bank, Africa Road Safety Organization (ARSO) and the West African Federation of Engineering Organizations.
A major expected output of the workshop will be an updated Regional Action Plan with milestones, targets and deadlines for activities to be achieved at the regional level by ECOWAS and partners, as well as Member States and Civil Society actors.
- Celebrities, luxury cars flood social media as Kwame Despite sparks reaction with birthday
- New Jersey Councilwoman Eunice Dwumfour shot dead outside home in ‘despicable criminal act’
- I couldn’t attend PRESEC-Legon because our cocoa farm got burnt – Seth Terkper
- There is no biometric record of Victor Kusi Boateng in our database – NIA tells Ablakwa
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- I feel pain after sex with my husband of 9 years, I don’t know how to tell him – Emotionally troubled woman
- Military officers rescue NEDCo staff locked up for disconnecting UDS from power supply
- NIA’s statement affirms issuing Ghana Card in the name of Kwabena Adu Gyamfi – Ablakwa
- Bawku is a complete war zone – Security analyst
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- ‘Focus on God, attacks on pastors, ministries to be expected’ – Elvis Agyemang urged
- Enimil Ashon: Covid fund audit – NPP must demand a probe
- Mahama Ayariga petitions CHRAJ to probe alleged military killings in Bawku; demands GH¢500k for each victim
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ayariga petitions CHRAJ over alleged military killings in Bawku demanding ¢3.5m compensation
- Security expert suggests measures to address conflict at Bawku
- 1$ now ¢12.50 as cedi continues good run against dollar
- Man admits treason charge over Queen crossbow threat
- Samsung unveils new Galaxy S23 Series
- Concerned UG Students embark on ‘Ya Br3 Mo’ Demo
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- We do not have BoG forex rates, what we publish are indicative – 1st Deputy Governor
- Watch Akufo-Addo dance with Zanetor Rawlings
- Ghana Armed Forces deny allegations of killings in Bawku
- ‘I don’t want to think I’m powerful’ – Ameyaw Debrah