Calista’s rap talent came to bear at the age of six when she started saying her nursery rhymes in perfect timing to a beat in her daddy’s Emklan music studio.
This pushed her father, Quophi Okyeame, a former member of the now-defunct Akyeame, to start producing a beat for her to make a song he wrote.
She delivered her rap verses easy and in just a day, ‘Who is on the Mic’, her first ever song, was recorded.
Even though the song never got released commercially, her father, producer, trainer and mentor, continued to support her on a journey which has seen her release her new single ‘I Can Make It’ which features Esi of Talented Kidz fame.
‘I Can Make It’ was written to motivate kids around the world to aim high because they can achieve whatever they set their sights on.
‘I Can Make It’ is from Calista’s upcoming maiden studio album called ‘Time is Now” which will be released later in the year.
A video which was shot partly in Guangzhou and Ghana has also been released and making a lot of waves.
Cali, as she is affectionately called by her friends, intends to be a book worm and pursue academics as far as she can and also explore her God given music talent to its zenith.
Calista Meusique Ama Adoma Amoateng was born to Mr Daniel Quophi Amoateng (Quophi Okyeame of Akyeame fame) and Mrs Anastasia Akua Amoateng (Stacy of Music Music/Restoration fame) on 24th of September 2005. She is a Class 5 pupil.
Watch her video below:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards