Veteran musician Kojo Antwi is advocating naming a street or road after the late Kojo Asare Baffuor Acheampong, popularly known as KABA.
The music maestro strongly believes that it is the best way the nation can preserve the legacy of the late presenter.
“We hope that we won’t forget him, we won’t forget what he has done for us,” he said adding, “we must have some symbolic thing somewhere for him for that legacy to live on,” he told Myjoyonline.com.
While he thinks it will not be a bad idea to give him a state burial, he stressed “what happens after that is more important. The state burial will be just a one day event but if a street is named after him, it will be there forever."
KABA died at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital where he was rushed after he fell sick early Saturday.
He was 37 years. He left behind his wife, Valentina Ofori Agyei, also a broadcaster with Accra-based Class FM and a seven-month-old daughter.
Until his death, KABA was the host of Asempa FM’s flagship afternoon political programme, ‘Ekosii Sen’.
Kojo Antwi was full of praise for KABA for being a professional and unbiased broadcaster. He noted that Ghana has lost a gem.
“I met him just once but I can say that I was an ardent listener to his programme…The way he presented his programme you could tell that he was a serious person who researched thoroughly."
Watch the video below for more:
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: NDC Congress: Oye Lithur dances to Shatta’s “I know my level”
- Video: Check out Rawlings' dance moves at Konadu's birthday bash
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs