Some females in the Ghanaian entertainment industry are rooting for late singer, Ebony to win 'Artiste of the Year'.
According to them, the singer, who met her untimely death on February 8, worked very hard last year and therefore deserves to win.
The 2018 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards is underway at the Accra International Conference Centre (AICC).
It is Ghana music's biggest night. The event awards artistes and producers who have excelled during the year under review of the awards - January 1 to December 31, 2017.
The night's topmost award is the Artiste of the Year and it will see Sarkodie, Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale, Joe Mettle and the late Ebony will battle it out for that award.
Joe Mettle made history last year by being the first gospel artiste to win the Artiste of the Year award.
The late Ebony has been tipped by many to make history by being the first female and the first artiste to win the Artiste of the Year award posthumously.
Ebony was killed in a gory accident on the Sunyani-Kumasi highway after visiting her mother on February 8. Her childhood friend and assistant, Franky Kuri, and their bodyguard also did not survive the crash. She was laid to rest on March 24 at the Osu Cemetary.
Actress Selly Galley, singer Adina, Big Brother Africa star, Mimi and others, speaking on the Red Carpet of the awards, all said they are hopeful Ebony will pick the ultimate award.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Panafest International Expo launched in UK
- Too many music talents hypnotised by Afrobeat popularity - David Bolton bemoans
- Video: My music was getting bigger – Ohemaa Mercy explains why she quit teaching
- Video: Funny Face claims police assault during movie shoot
- Cardi B rape accusations resurfaces
- Regent University student wins 2019 edition of 'Live Inside Win the Ride'
- Spanish hosts dance to highlife songs by Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue band
- R. Kelly in solitary over mortal fear of other inmates
- Ed Sheeran goes to numbers one, three, four on UK chart
- Ghana praised for supporting Vis-à-vis Festival
- English language did trick for ‘Be Lifted’ penetrating Africa - MOG
- Show evidence of new factories – John Dumelo charges gov’t
- Video: I’d love to settle in Ghana after retirement- Tim Godfrey
- Ark band performs live on Joy FM’s Cosmopolitan Mix
- Creative Arts Council, media pay courtesy call on Ghana Embassy in Spain