Some females in the Ghanaian entertainment industry are rooting for late singer, Ebony to win 'Artiste of the Year'.
According to them, the singer, who met her untimely death on February 8, worked very hard last year and therefore deserves to win.
The 2018 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards is underway at the Accra International Conference Centre (AICC).
It is Ghana music's biggest night. The event awards artistes and producers who have excelled during the year under review of the awards - January 1 to December 31, 2017.
The night's topmost award is the Artiste of the Year and it will see Sarkodie, Stonebwoy, Shatta Wale, Joe Mettle and the late Ebony will battle it out for that award.
Joe Mettle made history last year by being the first gospel artiste to win the Artiste of the Year award.
The late Ebony has been tipped by many to make history by being the first female and the first artiste to win the Artiste of the Year award posthumously.
Ebony was killed in a gory accident on the Sunyani-Kumasi highway after visiting her mother on February 8. Her childhood friend and assistant, Franky Kuri, and their bodyguard also did not survive the crash. She was laid to rest on March 24 at the Osu Cemetary.
Actress Selly Galley, singer Adina, Big Brother Africa star, Mimi and others, speaking on the Red Carpet of the awards, all said they are hopeful Ebony will pick the ultimate award.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- The Burial of Kojo wins award at Luxor African Film Festival
- Creative arts can take Ghana to greater heights if... – George Quaye
- Video: Medikal brings the heat as he sells Africa on Tim Westwood
- Gospel singer criticises Stonebwoy for endorsing secular songs in church
- Video: Cast of 1998 hit TV show 'Taxi Driver' cast back the years
- Buju Banton sings of the only law to obey in the world
- I learnt how to drive on 'Taxi Driver' - Psalm Adjeteyfio reveals
- The warrior of love - Unpacking Samini’s 'Untamed' Part 1
- Video: Ashesi University founder goes ‘crazy’, dresses like female
- Video: Kofi Mole quits school to pursue music
- Photo: Rocky Dawuni, Cabum finally smoke peace pipe
- Adopting French as Ghana’s second language ‘disrespectful’ – Okyeame Kwame
- If I don’t win any award at 3Music Awards I will pull a 'Shatta Wale' - Medikal declares
- No other Ghanaian music beats highlife - Kyekyeku
- We were once celebrated in Diaspora because of Highlife – Bessa Simons