Rapper Okomfo Kwadee is not happy that he was heavily vilified by a section of the Ghanaian public that he was a drug user.
He said he couldn’t comprehend the fact that many people attacked him when they never saw him in public with any form of illegal drug.
Okomfo Kwadee told Andy Dosty in an interview on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM that contrary to public claims, he never did illegal drugs.
“I have been to the rehab… I can share all my stories…I’ve been to various hospitals,” he said.
Although he was attacked for using drugs, the rapper stressed that “you will never see me on TV” smoking weed or holding drugs.
His fellow entertainment personalities today, he said, however, openly hold and even use them.
Okomfo Kwadee, who said his ‘Ofie Nipa’, was a song aimed at educating the youth on drug abuse, expressed worry that the youth today now mix tramadol with energy drinks.
He was of the view that, one can only influence the youth to stop abusing drugs unless that person has an influence on them.
The rapper said, “It takes a matter of [someone who can] convince [him] in a way,” before they can stop.
Okomfor Kwadee, born Jerry Anaba , went off the scene for a couple of years due to alleged mental ailment but bounced back in 2012 with an album titled ‘Menie’.
That return, unfortunately, didn’t last long as he was forced to once again go under the radar.
Described as one of Ghana’s best storytellers, the rapper says he is now fully back into music again.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled
- Musiga elections postponed to July 10
- Absolute Worship comes off July 7
- We need to stop the beef - Strongman Burner
- Media made slay queens popular - Ama K. Abebrese
- ‘Ups and Downs’ not a diss song - Strongman
- BET Awards: Stars pay tribute to Nipsey Hussle
- Rap battle: Medikal vs Strongman, who won?
- 2019 EMY Africa Awards: Full list of Winners
- Class, style, persona; Nat Attoh hosts 3rd EMY Africa Award
- DJ Switch to support Cape Coast school with educational materials