Rapper Okomfo Kwadee is not happy that he was heavily vilified by a section of the Ghanaian public that he was a drug user.
He said he couldn’t comprehend the fact that many people attacked him when they never saw him in public with any form of illegal drug.
Okomfo Kwadee told Andy Dosty in an interview on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM that contrary to public claims, he never did illegal drugs.
“I have been to the rehab… I can share all my stories…I’ve been to various hospitals,” he said.
Although he was attacked for using drugs, the rapper stressed that “you will never see me on TV” smoking weed or holding drugs.
His fellow entertainment personalities today, he said, however, openly hold and even use them.
Okomfo Kwadee, who said his ‘Ofie Nipa’, was a song aimed at educating the youth on drug abuse, expressed worry that the youth today now mix tramadol with energy drinks.
He was of the view that, one can only influence the youth to stop abusing drugs unless that person has an influence on them.
The rapper said, “It takes a matter of [someone who can] convince [him] in a way,” before they can stop.
Okomfor Kwadee, born Jerry Anaba , went off the scene for a couple of years due to alleged mental ailment but bounced back in 2012 with an album titled ‘Menie’.
That return, unfortunately, didn’t last long as he was forced to once again go under the radar.
Described as one of Ghana’s best storytellers, the rapper says he is now fully back into music again.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Jussie Smollett arrested over false attack report
- Video: Akufo-Addo seals SONA speech with kiss from Rebecca
- New Music: Mimlife Records new act ‘Mista Myles’ drops new song
- Our welcoming attitude is the strongest tourist attraction – Akufo-Addo
- Gov't to complete 2 theatres in creative industry - Akufo-Addo
- Vodafone joins Stanbic Jazz train for 3rd time in a row
- Ebony’s unreleased songs: 60% for Bullet, 40% for me – Dad
- Stop pressuring me to marry – Patience Nyarko
- We don’t know Akuapem Poloo – Chief denies her
- Photos: Music Producer, Kaywa ordained man of God
- Oscars 2019: 17 quirky facts about this year's Academy Awards
- Okyeame Kwame, wife present third edition of ‘Flaunt Your Lover’
- Let’s cast our nets wider when booking artistes for shows – Tic
- Video: Meet #empawa100 final ten artistes
- Drake buys $400,000 diamond encrusted iPhone case