The Nkawie Circuit Court has remanded a 28-year-old farmer into police custody for robbery and possessing weapons without authority.
Akwasi Boateng was arrested at Bechem in the Tano South District of Ahafo Region together with a motorbike, which had been reported missing at Domeanbra, near Pokukrom in the Ahafo Ano South West District of Ashanti.
The police retrieved an unregistered pistol and a cartridge from him during the arrest. He pleaded not guilty and would reappear before the court presided by Mr Michael Johnson Abbey on August 5, this year.
Police Chief Inspector Livingstone Akubia told the court that the complainant was a farmer at Domeabra.
He said on March 12 this year, the complainant reported the theft of his Haogin motorbike with registration number AS-20-M-5348 valued at ¢3,000 to the Pokukrom police.
The prosecutor said on June 25 this year, the police spotted the motorbike at Bechem and arrested Boateng who was riding it at the time.
Boateng told the police during interrogation that he bought the motorbike from one Denis and Kwame but failed to locate them.
He also denied being a robber but during a search by the police an unregistered pistol and a cartridge were found on him. He was therefore charged and brought before the court.
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- “We’ve been tracking Mohammed Kudus for more than one year” – Barcelona Director
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Some OMCs start reducing fuel prices, GOIL down by 3.5%
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Ronaldo receives $225m offer to play for Saudi Arabian club
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- Government to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- Dr. John Kofi Mensah retires as MD of ADB Plc
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, December 1, 2022
- Ashanti Regional NSS Director suspended for verbally abusing a nurse
- Honour roadmap for Ofori-Atta’s sacking – Disgruntled NPP MPs tell Akufo-Addo
- Insurance premiums for all category of policy holders up from today
- You won’t get new loans if you don’t pay existing ones – BoG to consumers
- 2023 Budget: PwC pushes for review of VAT, other policy measures
- ADB’s loan to agric sector hits ¢1bn
- Nigeria to abolish English in junior school
- Mary Afia Kesewaa (Awo Yaa)￼
- DR Congo leader using crisis to delay polls – Kagame
- Kwesi Agyare’s art exhibition attracting patrons and influencing mindsets in the US
- Agriculture sector grew from 7.4 per cent in 2020 to 8.4 per cent in 2021 – Agric Minister
- Nigerian student Aminu Adamu Mohammed accused of defaming Aisha Buhari
- One killed in robbery attack on Bimbilla-Accra road