The Head of Domestic Corporates, GCB Bank, Patrick Mawuli Morttey has urged farmers across the country to form cooperative groups to enable them to secure loans to invest in their businesses.
This he believes would propel the growth of agribusinesses in the country.
He indicated that various factors contributed to the decline in the Agribusiness’ share of the credit by banks in the country which saw a reduction from 5.2% in 2020 to 3.4% in 2021.
Mr. Morttey was speaking at the Agribusiness Forum in Ho, organized as part of the ongoing 5th Volta Trade and Investment Fair.
JoyNews’ Fred Quame Asare has more in the following video report.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Go to school, don’t wait to get everything on your prospectus – Education Minister to SHS freshers
- We are one people – Bawumia and Mahama laud peaceful enskinment of new Yagbonwura
- Your electricity bill does not have a party colour – ECG MD
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- John Mahama files nomination to contest NDC flagbearer race
- GNFS expresses reservation over reopening of Kejetia Market
- AFCON 2023Q: Goalpost collapses and injures Wollacott in training
- Growth and Sustainability Levy breaches petroleum agreement and could trigger ligation – Petroleum Chamber
- IMF bailout to depend on government’s ability to achieve 55% of debt to GDP – Fitch
- Lamisi honoured in Netherlands for promoting Ghanaian culture
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- JessiEmma releases ‘Amazing Grace’, a love song to God
- Producer Price Inflation falls to 50.8% in February 2023
- Debt Exchange: Insurers to re-strategise to avert threats to prompt payment of claims
- Shatta Wale gives conditions for return to VGMA
- Heeding Mahama’s advice would have prevented us from going to IMF on a stretcher – Sammy Gyamfi to Akufo-Addo
- “Consider cocoa pricing in your legislation”- COCOBOD Chief tells EU
- Former Black Stars player Emmanuel Oblitey dies at 69
- Mahama to speak on transparent financing of political campaigns today
- Eno Barony raps better than many male rappers in Ghana – Medikal
- Government calls for more donor funding in agric sector
- ECG disconnects Cape Coast Sports Stadium over GH¢513k legacy debt