The Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) has set up a series of programmes aimed at equipping herbal medicine producers on good manufacturing practices and best international standards.
The exercise is also to position the producers to take advantage of the Africa Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA).
Ashanti Regional Director of FDA, John Laryea Odai-Tettey says the routine engagement is to ensure herbal medicine producers comply with regulatory requirements and to stay competitive.
The herbal medicine practitioners are engaging interest groups on best manufacturing practices to enable them take advantage of AfCFTA.
The FDA as a major stakeholder, is leading a taskforce to ensure good manufacturing practices and adherence to international standards.
John Odai-Tettey says the producers are provided the appropriate knowledge and skills for the production of high quality, safe and efficacious herbal medicines with export potentials.
Head of Herbal Medicine Department at the KNUST, Professor Isaac Kingsley Amponsah, says there are synergies for the herbal manufacturers to standardise dosages of the products and to optimise production processes.
President of the Herbal Manufacturers Association, Solomon Appiah-Kubi says AfCFTA offers members the opportunity to expand to bigger markets, stay in business and reduce unemployment.
He says members have the capacity to go to Africa with the support from FDA and KNUST Department of Herbal Medicine.
- Haruna Iddrisu accepts changes in Minority leadership
- Turkey earthquakes: Ghana star Christian Atsu found after 26 hours under rubble
- Akufo-Addo reshuffles ministers
- ‘God, please’ – Asamoah Gyan prays for Christian Atsu, other celebs join
- Let’s continue to pray for Christian Atsu – Mahama to Ghanaians
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research
- Ankaful Psychiatric Hospital offers free treatment to former ‘NSMQ shark’
- DDEP: We’ll continue to converge there until we’re exempted – Dr. Anane Antwi
- 40 Ejuraman students injured in dining structure collapse
- Accra-Tema Motorway no longer fits definition of motorway – NRSA
- MTN FA Cup: Kotoko versus Aduana clash headlines last 16 round
- CFAO Mobility expands its Mercedes-Benz distribution network in Africa
- DDEP: The picketing pensioners, their moods and messages
- Fiscal policy to remain constrained in Ghana due to elevated funding costs – Rand Merchant Bank
- Principle of Debt Exchange Programme wrong – Economist
- From Eric’s Diary: Using a tablet on an empty stomach in a desk less classroom
- Trapped quake victims send voice notes from the rubble
- STEM is a game changer to build the 21st century Ghanaian – Spokesperson, Education Ministry
- Turkey earthquake: Erdogan declares state of emergency
- Police Inspector interdicted for professional misconduct
- NDC will never forget Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka and Avedzi – Council of Elders
- Turkey earthquakes: As Christian Atsu is found, rescuers race to find Hatayspor sporting director
- Ecuador polls: Murdered candidate elected as mayor
- Debt Exchange: We are in this mess by not being proactive – Bokpin
- Businessman Ibrahim Mahama to fund treatment, education of former NSMQ ‘Shark’