Rapper Edem believes musician, Feli Nuna, was treated unfairly by colleague A-Plus when she appeared on United Showbiz on Saturday.
The two musicians clashed on the show when A-Plus berated Feli Nuna’s boyfriend for not investing in her craft.
However, in a series of tweets, Edem stated that because the panel were unable to admonish the singer for confidently promoting her song in a towel, they decided to attack someone else.
He called their actions unacceptable stating that “…Felly Nuna was purely disrespected on that Panel. Nobody should take that bullsh** all in the name of promotion.”
Felly Nuna was purely disrespected on that Panel..Nobody should take that bullshit all in the name of promotion..— Edem Goget’em (@iamedem) May 23, 2022
Edem added that Feli Nuna’s boyfriend is not obligated to support her music career as A-Plus was pushing for on the show.
Even Jay z no fund Beyoncé ihn Album 😂😂😂— Edem Goget’em (@iamedem) May 23, 2022
According to him, there are couples who have not funded their partner’s businesses but they are not criticised.
Imagine your daughter working in a company that has men who think like this for a woman ..Smh..Unacceptable— Edem Goget’em (@iamedem) May 23, 2022
“Those saying her boyfriend should fund her, their girlfriends and wives are working for other people to make money. Smh. Why aren’t you building companies for them? Y’all are even sitting on a panel to get paid and you are saying that. Why you no build your own stations,” Edem wrote.
Those saying her boyfriend should fund her..Their girlfriends and Wives are working for other people to make money..Smh..Why aren’t you building companies for them ..Y’all are even sitting on a panel to get paid and you are saying that..Why u no build ur own stations— Edem Goget’em (@iamedem) May 23, 2022
Musicians A-Plus and Feli Nuna were among a panel discussing issues regarding the showbiz industry.
During the deliberation, the Off Da Ground signee was quizzed on whether her boyfriend invests in her career to which she responded in the negative.
A Plus, particularly, was among those who did not support Feli’s revelation about her significant other.
“Your boyfriend is rich but does not work in showbiz. So you’re going to look for someone to invest while your boyfriend hides his?” he quizzed on Saturday.
But Feli Nuna responded on Accra-based UTV saying; “Does what you’re saying make sense?”
She insisted that their relationship was strictly personal and had nothing to do with her showbiz interests for which reason he needs not invest in her craft.
This led to a bigger argument on set and later on social media.
Feli Nuna in a tweet maintained her position; noting that even though there are times in her career when her boyfriend has been of help, he is not obliged to invest in her showbiz interest.
So I’m trending today because I protected my women! My day has been made🌸— ▪Black St☆r Barbie▪ (@FeliNuna) May 22, 2022
“If you carry certain sexist defeatist mindsets you’re part of a dying breed. The world is moving forward,” she added.
If you carry certain sexist defeatist mindsets you’re part of a dying breed. The world is moving forward 🚀— ▪Black St☆r Barbie▪ (@FeliNuna) May 22, 2022
Meanwhile, CEO of Off Da Ground records, Fuse ODG also reacted to the clash stating that the show made it glaring that the music industry is a dangerous space for women.
“A man should have the right to want to have sex with the woman if the woman needs their investment? Proud of Feli for standing up,” he wrote.
This #UnitedShowbiz panel interview with @FeliNuna has displayed how dangerous the creative industry space is for women in Ghana. A man should have the right to want to have sex with the woman if the woman needs their investment? Proud of Feli for standing up & #IStandWithFeli— Fuse ODG (@FuseODG) May 22, 2022
- It’s difficult doing business in Ghana, 21.9% tax on hospitality businesses harsh – D-Black
- Prof. Stephen Adei partners Chirano Gold Mines to roll out Innovative Literacy Program for local communities
- Democracy comes with rights and responsibilities – Enam Akoetey chides #OccupyJulorbiHouse organisers
- Dr UN Award incredibly stupid; I can’t believe I fell for that nonsense – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Police apologise to public inconvenienced during protest
- GPL Week 2: Eric Bosomtwi stunner buries Kotoko in Bibiani
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford