FreezeLink will convene the first-ever agricultural cold chain conference in Ghana, under the WE4F (Water and Energy for Food) initiative, on 25th October, 2022 at the Shippers’ House in Accra.
Dubbed the Agri Cold Chain Summit (ACCS) 2022, the purpose of the event is to enable fruit and vegetable farmers in Ghana to tap into high value, export markets for horticulture by sharing insight on how they can better reduce post-harvest losses, extend product shelf-life and increase profits. The conference will also bring together international experts to arm local producers and exporters with world class knowledge.
The main sponsor for the event is Carrier, global provider of cold chain solutions. The event is also supported by strategic partners that include the USAID-funded West Africa Trade & Investment Hub (Trade Hub), Federation of Associations of Ghanaian Exporters (FAGE), Vegetable Producers and Exporters Association of Ghana (VEPEAG), Ghana Incentive-Based Risk Sharing System for Agricultural Lending (GIRSAL), Scale Up Africa and InspiraFarms.
Speakers for the event include; Jimmy Washington (Director of Sustainability and Cold Chain Development, Carrier), Dr. Michele Bruni (Chief Commercial Officer, InspiraFarms), Marjorie Abdin (Vice President, FAGE), Dr. Felix Kamassah (President, VEPEAG), Samuel Yeboah (Deputy Chief Operating Officer, GIRSAL), Amma Gyampo (Co-Founder and CEO, Scale Up Africa), Prof. Francis Appiah (Professor, Department of Horticulture, KNUST) and many more.
FreezeLink provides third-party cold chain logistics solutions. The company reduces cost and complexity for the food and pharmaceutical companies in West Africa that need temperature-controlled storage, transport and engineering services to succeed.
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group