With most Fantasy Premier League (FPL) managers in search of tips and guidance to win their mini leagues and organisational leagues, the FPL Champ (2020) and Ambassador is here in these 3-part series to guide all those seeking to thrive in this season’s FPL.
FPL Ambassador’s Episode 1
With a 100 million budget, all FPL managers are expected to build their 15-man squad ready for battle as the season kicks off come Friday, 5th August, 2021.
So I have come up with a guide to help us build season-winning squads whilst having as much fun as possible.
- Don’t plan beyond the first 5-7 weeks
Most managers are tempted to fill their squad with players that would be among the Top players by the end of the season.But FPL experience has shown that, it’s always important to build your squad to take off smoothly and study how the season pans out in the first few weeks before you start choosing the tipped top players for your team via our free transfers or 1st wildcard.
So looking at the first 5-7 fixtures, teams like Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, Brighton and Wolves have relatively favourable fixtures meaning we should have at least one of their attacking and/or defensive players in our Gameweek, GW1 squads.
- Always have at least 2 top captain players in your squad
The doubling of captains points is so crucial to FPL success such that the past 5 winners of FPL worldwide have shown to have good captaincy choices. At least you should have two of the big hitters in your team as your reliable captain choices for each week. Big hitters such as Salah, Kane, De Bruyne, Son, Haaland,
Trent Alexander-Arnold who are proven to produce big points which would be doubled each gameweek.
Don’t forget to choose your vice captain each week because in case your captain misses his match, your vice’s points would rather be doubled.
- Don’t put all your eggs one basket.
We are all tempted to buy the Kane’s, Alexander-Arnolds, Salahs, De Bruynes etc into our team. But when we do that, the money left would be small to fill the remaining players of our 15-man squad. Thus it’s important that sometimes we make sacrifices such as buying a 8.0 million Kulusevski instead of a 12.0 million Son to allow us that extra precious 4 million to invest on other players of our squad.
Caution: It doesn’t also mean we should be downgrading all our players price-wise. As it has been seen a balanced team from defence to attack is better than a team full of 5 big hitters but the rest of the players not producing constant FPL points.
- Scout For Very Effective Cheap Players
We all need cheap but playing players to augment our 15-man squad. It’s so important especially when we need players from our bench to play should any of our first XI miss a game. I can’t list all of them but the FPL scout does highlight them in his daily Scout updates especially under the Differentials option.
4.0 Wan-Bissaka (18/19), 4.0 Lord Lundstram (19/20), 4.5 Stuart Dallas (20/21) and 4.0 Livramento (21/22) are clear examples of the need to scout for such cheap playing players early to start your season. This season these are the few super cheap players who might get some recognisable playing time based on their club’s preseason games:
– 4.0 Neco Williams -DEF/ Forest
– 4.0 Patterson- DEF/ Everton
– 4.5 Andreas Perreira- MID/ Fulham
– 5.0 Leon Bailey* – MID/ Aston Villa
– 4.5 Sam Greenwood- FWD/ Leeds
Watch out for Episode 2 where the FPL Ambassador shares proven strategies in
winning FPL leagues.
JOY FM FPL CHAMP 2020
(Twitter- @RayNkets YouTube- FPL Ambassadors Show)
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- Video of alleged ‘galamsey’ men in gun battle with authorities emerges on social media
- State TV off-air amid gunfire in Burkina Faso
- SIM re-registration: “Eat your humble pie” – Sam George tells Ursula Owusu
- Banking sector crisis was not systemic – Alhassan Andani
- Good Morning America celebrates Ghana as host Robin Roberts explores the country
- Show commitment to ‘galamsey’ fight by prosecuting Akonta Mining firm – John Jinapor dares government
- UK-based Hendon Golf Club donates to develop juvenile golf in Ghana
- Kuneli releases new single ‘Make I Know’
- ‘A well-deserved honour’ – Bawumia eulogises Dr. Addo Kufuor as new Chancellor of KTU
- Dog owners, breeders to raise 5k doses of anti-rabies vaccine for free vaccination in Ashanti Region
- ECG extends weekend working hours due to vending challenges
- 23 senior high schools attend WiSTEM KNUST Stanbic girls’ camp
- Invest in Africa’s climate adaptation transition – One.Org invites world’s wealthiest countries to support Africa
- Insecurity, self-doubt and fear nearly crushed my dreams but I triumphed – UPSA Law School valedictorian
- I won’t think twice about a Ghana call-up – Salis Abdul Samed
- Directive for Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm to stop work not enough, A-G must step in – OccupyGhana
- Ibrahim Gusau elected Nigeria Football Federation president
- Ghanaian footballer in the US dies in car crash
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu resigns as CEO of 3Music Networks
- I didn’t do music for fame, I wanted to inspire people – Zahara