Former President John Dramani Mahama on Thursday, October 27, 2022, addressed the nation.
The address, which took place at the UPSA Auditorium, touched on the current economic hardships sweeping across the land, high inflation rates and the depreciation of the cedi.
Outlining some solutions to these challenges, Mr. Mahama urged government to cut down on expenditure by reducing the number of appointees and ministers. He also advised government to abolish or realign state institutions with similar functions while suspending non essential projects.
Again, the 2020 flagbearer of the NDC backed calls for the dismissal of the Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta from office; adding that his removal will not affect the ongoing negotiations between Ghana and the IMF.
Find his full speech below:
- Gospel musician accuses police of killing her brother in a scuffle over cash
- South Africa calls on MTN, Ghana to resolve $773m tax dispute
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- Minority leadership rancour is a needless distraction – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Assault of Latif: Attorney General begs for time to pursue settlement talks
- Chicago prosecutor drops R Kelly’s sex-abuse charges
- Leicester City sign Ghanaian youngster Nathan Opoku
- Ghana places 72nd, stagnates in 2022 Corruption Perceptions Index
- Debt Exchange: NIC to suspend minimum capital requirements, CAR of insurance firms for 2 years
- Stonebwoy talks Afrobeats, new album, Ghana’s popularity on The Breakfast Club
- Government rolls out National Rental Assistance Scheme to support low-income households
- Stonebwoy revisits VGMA brawl with Shatta Wale on The Breakfast Club
- Government commits GH¢30m into implementation of the National Rental Assistance Scheme
- Messi says World Cup trophy ‘called out’ to him
- UTAG-GIJ threatens to withdraw from UniMac merger
- Would you flirt with your boss for a salary increase?
- I implore industry players to get closer to Agya Koo Nimo – Kwabena Kwabena
- Trader jailed for causing harm to ‘Good Samaritan’
- You’re not alone – Kalybos mourns with Ahuofe Patri after her mum’s passing
- Otumfuo pledges to support Alan Kyerematen’s flagbearership bid with prayers
- Government’s challenges with new school curriculum due to improper planning – Selorm Branttie
- Statistical Service, Vodafone and Flowminder Foundation renew Data for Good partnership
- Vodafone Healthline Spin-off: Young beneficiary regains the use of her fingers
- COCOBOD optimistic of recovering over GH₵7m locked up investment in defunct GN Bank