The Ghana Police Service will be embarking on a march on the streets of Accra on Monday, September 21, 2020.
The exercise, according to the Service, is a “confidence building march” aimed at assuring the general public of its preparedness to maintain law and order before, during, and after the December 2020 polls.”
In a press statement dated September 20, 2020, and signed by the Superintendent of Police, Mrs. Sheilla Kessie Abayie-Buckman, the Service said they will seize the opportunity to “display Police resources like ambulances, trained dogs, and amoured vehicles.”
The parade, which begins at 6:00 am, will see the personnel set off from the National Police Headquarters on the Ring Road, through the highways or streets from Ako Adjei Interchange to the 37 Military Hospital.
From there, the force will head towards Obasanjo Highway, Kawukidi Roundabout, Accra Girls’ Senior Secondary School and Pig Farm, Kotobabi.
Other routes earmarked for engagement include Accra New Town, Nima, Kwame Nkrumah Circle, Kojo Thompson Road, Liberation Road, La Teshie Road, Danquah Circle, and then back to the National Police Headquaters, where it is expected to end.
The Police administration also announce that Officers from the Motor Transport and Traffic Department will be employed to manage traffic in these areas and therefore urge the public to cooperate.
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- Travellers complain of rampant robbery at Bunso Junction off Accra-Kumasi highway
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
- Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
Kuami Eugene reacts after KiDi said his communication is poor
Egg vendors in Kumasi lament about poor quality and sizes of eggs on the market
Kuami Eugene describes critics of his attire during Range Rover presentation as shallow
Jobberman Ghana stirs initiative to enable SMEs hire the right way
‘Securing NDC’s Future’ forum alien to party executives – Peter Otokunor
Chief Justice set to establish tax court to help GRA prosecute defaulters
Ghanaian women stranded in Saudi Arabia call on Akufo-Addo for help
Gyakie’s ‘Forever’ at number 3 on Billboard Top Triller Chart
Mary Elizabeth Van Dyck
NRSA petitions MTTD to investigate Cocobod vehicle that broke traffic regulations
New cocoa management system to promote transparency
13 drown as vehicle plunges into canal in Philippines
GNC complies with EPA directives to stop pollution of Tano River
Industries are killing water bodies in Greater Accra – Kpone Mantse
Vanessa Bryant shares intimate wedding picture to mark 20th anniversary with Kobe Bryant