On Thursday, March 9, Chris Hughton named a 25-man squad for Ghana’s 2023 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) qualifier against Angola later this month.
With exactly 10 days to go until the first of two games against Angola is played at the Baba Yara Stadium, here is the performance wrap of the invited players from the weekend.
As has been the case since his return from the FIFA World Cup, Lawrence Ati-Zigi continued his good form as St. Gallen played out a 1-1 draw against Basel.
Abdul Manaf Nurudeen has only played once for the KAS Eupen since the World Cup and was on the bench again against Kehrwegstadion.
Jojo Wollacott continues to fight for his spot as Charlton Athletic’s first-choice goalkeeper but was an unused substitute against Accrington Stanley.
Denis Odoi featured in Club Brugge’s 2-0 win over Standard Leige
Brighton right-back Tariq Lamptey missed the fixture against Leeds United as he continues his recovery from injury.
Gideon MENSAH lasted the whole game as Auxerre kept a clean sheet and earned a point against Stade Rennais.
Daniel Amartey also played 65 minutes as Leicester City succumbed to defeat against Chelsea at home.
Celta Vigo’s 3-0 win over Rayo Vallecano also saw the involvement of centre-back Joseph Aidoo.
Mohammed Salisu was only fit for the bench in Southampton’s stalemate against Manchester United.
Alexander Djiku featured in Strasbourg’s 2-2 draw against Marseille at the Stade Velodrome
Patrick Kpozo is expected to feature on Monday in Sheriff Tiraspol’s league game against Balti.
Thomas Partey was in good form as Arsenal recorded a 3-0 win against Fulham.
Majeed Ashimeru lasted 74 minutes in the game for Anderlecht which they won 2-0 against Cercle Brugge
Abdul Samed Salis returned to his former club in spectacular fashion as he guided Lens to a 4-0 win over Clermont.
Edmund Addo played the entire game for Spartak Subotica against Mladost GAT. They played out a 0-0 stalemate.
Ransford Yeboah Konigsdorffer was a second half substitute for Hamburg in their 4-2 defeat to Karlsruher SC
Jordan Ayew played for Crystal Palace who suffered a 1-0 defeat to Manchester City at the Selhurst Park
Osman Bukari was left on the bench in Red Star Belgrade’s 5-1 win against Novi Plazar
Joseph Paintsil played 85 minutes in Genk’s 2-1 home defeat to Royale Union SG
Kamaldeen Sulemana was on the pitch for 75 minutes as recorded a draw Southampton against Manchester United.
Mohammed Kudus grabbed his 11th league goal of the season as Ajax defeat Heerenveen on Sunday. The 22-year-old also provided an assist.
Andre Ayew missed a last-ditch penalty in Nottingham Forest’s defeat to Tottenham Hotspur.
Inaki Williams was unlucky to see his goal ruled out in Athletic Bilbao’s loss to Barcelona.
Antoine Semenyo made a brief cameo ad Bournemouth beat Liverpool at the Vitality Stadium.
Kamal Sowah played no minutes in Club Brugge’s win against Standard Liege.
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- Gold Mafia: Gold smuggler sneaks $40 million worth of gold out of Ghana every month
- Harris’ visit should accelerate US-Ghana partnerships – Genser
- NDC’s ‘betrayal’ may have been the result of several factors – Dr. Seidu Alidu
- Taking pictures, videos of ballots was not a party directive – Murtala Mohammed
- NDC as a party did not fail Ghanaians – Kofi Adams
- There had been broad consultation, consensus to reject President’s ministerial nominees – Murtala Mohammed
- Israel Laryea is away “on loan” at Influencer Africa
- Patriotism won over partisanship – Annoh-Dompreh on approval of six ministerial nominees
- Playback: PM Express discuss NDCs betrayal
- Fight against galamsey will be won if Akufo-Addo loses power – Kwakye Ofosu
- People fail in life due to their mindset – Motivational speaker
- Become the voice of climate change reporting – Climate Change Fellows urged
- Destination Ghana Global Project announces This Is Africa Festival
- Kamala Harris features Black Sherif, Amaarae on Spotify playlist
- Kwaebibirem United FC to raise funds to support operation of the club