Audio By Carbonatix
Ghana's confirmed Covid-19 cases is now in triple digits, with the Ghana Health Service (GHS) confirming the tally is at 132.
According to the Service, as of Thursday morning, a total of 54 cases including three deaths had been confirmed from regular surveillance systems.
"All the three cases that unfortunately succumbed to the disease were aged and had underlying chronic medical conditions," the GHS said in a statement on its website.
"All the other 51 cases are well; 14 are being managed at home and the rest are responding well to treatment on admission in isolation."
Ghana Health Service said on its portal those people are awaiting their test results and will be discharged when the results are negative.
So far, the great majority of the confirmed cases are Ghanaians, who returned home from affected countries.
"Seven are of other nationalities namely: Norway, Lebanon, China, Netherlands, and the United Kingdom (UK).
"The number of confirmed cases among travellers under mandatory quarantine who have been tested is 78," the GHS said.
In respect of contact tracing, a total of 970 contacts have been identified and are being tracked.
"Out of these, 204 have completed the 14 days mandatory follow up," the GHS said.
Latest Stories
-
Ghana’s mining deaths fall sharply, but Chamber insists ‘three deaths are too many’
24 minutes -
Tatale Sanguli officials destroy expired food products, warn traders
30 minutes -
Police arrest two watchmen over alleged defilement of 14-year-old student
36 minutes -
The woman behind General Mosquito: Could Ghana be meeting its next First Lady?
37 minutes -
Court remands man over alleged Labone bank robbery attempt
41 minutes -
Supreme Court to rule today on challenge to legal vacation warrants
47 minutes -
Tamale Metropolitan Assembly distributes 10,000 bags of fertiliser to farmers
52 minutes -
TUSAAG suspends strike, resumes work after renewed talks with government
56 minutes -
PIAC marks 15 years of oil revenue accountability and transparency
1 hour -
Adongo calls for non-political interference in $1.46bn Heritage Fund review
1 hour -
FDA records GH¢70m surplus in 2025 amid concerns over ageing lab equipment
1 hour -
Arise Ghana demands stronger commitment to end galamsey
1 hour -
96% of Ghanaian pensioners willing to work beyond retirement age – Study
1 hour -
Ghana gets nuclear power plant simulator
1 hour -
Temporary Akosombo power control facility to be ready by September – Energy Ministry
1 hour