Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta, has disclosed ¢787 million has been paid to 15,997 customers of collapsed microfinance firms as of March 5, 2020.
Speaking in Parliament, he said ¢166.3 million has been paid to 581 social organiSations and welfare groups which had deposited with the collapsed firms.
¢148.29 million has additionally been paid to 174 Savings and Loans, Microfinance Institutions, Rural Banks and finance houses.
Some 48 financial institutions have also been paid GHS5.98 million. Also, 491 corporate organisations have been paid GHS30.3 million, and 147,703 individuals have been paid GHS436.45 million.
President Nana Akufo-Addo announced during the 2020 State of the Nation Address t Tags:
- Special Prosecutor secures court order to arrest Charles Bissue
- Charles Bissue will not turn himself in despite court order for his arrest – Lawyer
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Contact NCA if you are without Ghana Card and your SIM has been deactivated – Ursula
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- If Funny Face and I get back together, you’d just be the fool – Vanessa mocks naysayers
- Economic crisis: Things will get better; but not this year – Badu-Aboagye
- Burkina Faso offers bounty for 20 ‘wanted terrorists’
- Boy, 14, hired to animate Spider-Man film
- OSP’s invite should extend to current IMCIM members – Dr Ken Ashigbey
- I wish Ghana could be like Germany – Prof Frimpong-Boateng on Green Ghana project
- Ghana returns to gold top spot as output jumps 32%
- Adane Best, Epoxide, others for Ghana Day Festival in Switzerland
- Namibia bans export of unprocessed critical minerals
- Green Ghana Day: Continue nurturing trees for them to reach maturity – Lands Minister urges
- ‘Spiritualist’ on trial for allegedly defrauding client of GHȼ85,000
- Man arrested after attacking pastor in church over ‘fake prophecy’
- BET Awards 2023 nominations announced; Drake takes the lead with 7 nods
- Ghana may find it difficult to get debt relief of $10.5bn – Theo Acheampong
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- External debt suspension helped current account balance into surplus
- Camidoh releases ‘LITA’ mixtape