The 2022 Global Citizen Festival returns for its 10th-anniversary edition on Saturday, September 24, 2022, to call on world leaders and major corporations to take urgent action for girls, for the planet, and to end extreme poverty NOW.
With two stages in international cultural capitals, the 2022 Global Citizen Festival will be broadcast globally from New York City’s Central Park, presented by Citi and Cisco, and Black Star Square in Accra, Ghana, presented by Harith General Partners.
The festival will air on Joy Prime and Joy FM Saturday, September 24 at 9 pm GMT. It will also stream on TV3, Onua TV and TimesLive in South Africa.
Earlier in September organisers announced more artists are set to participate in the 10th anniversary of the Global Citizen Festival.
Global Citizen Festival: Accra will feature performances by Usher, SZA, Stormzy, Gyakie, Sarkodie, Stonebwoy, TEMS, and DJ Uncle Waffles.
It will be hosted by award-winning actor, playwright and activist Danai Gurira. Other presenters joining her include Berla Mundi, Joselyn Dumas, Michaela Coel, Nomzamo Mbatha, and Sabrina Dhowre Elba.
The Global Citizen Festival: NYC will also feature performances by Metallica, Charlie Puth, Jonas Brothers, MÅNESKIN, Mariah Carey, Mickey Guyton, and Rosalía with special guest performances by Angélique Kidjo and Billy Porter.
It will be hosted by actor, producer, author, and Global Citizen Ambassador Priyanka Chopra Jonas. Other presenters will include Amber Ruffin, Antoni Porowski, Bill Nye, Chris Redd, Connie Britton, Folake Olowofoyeku, Jay Shetty, Katie Couric, Katie Holmes, Misty Copeland, Rachel Brosnahan, Scott Evans, Sofia Carson, Tamron Hall, and Van Jones.
Additionally, activists including recipients of the 2022 Global Citizen Prize will take the stage alongside other international changemakers to inspire urgent action from the festival audience.
The 2022 Global Citizen Festival will be broadcast and streamed worldwide on YouTube, Twitter, Amazon Music, the Amazon Music channel on Twitch, and Apple Music.
The festival will also air on ABC, ABC News Live, iHeartRadio, Hulu, FX and Veeps in the United States, Albavision in Latin America, Canal+ in Africa, Bis in Brazil, Nine Network (9Now) in Australia, TimesLive in Africa and more.
The red carpet pre-show will stream live on Global Citizen’s TikTok from 4:00pm ET.
Tickets to the festivals can be earned by downloading the Global Citizen app or visiting www.globalcitizen.org to take action on the campaign’s issues. For each action taken, users earn points that can be redeemed for tickets to the festivals.
- Asantehene insists chiefs cannot be blamed for galamsey activities
- ‘My husband either reaches Europe or dies at sea’
- PBC Ltd CEO, Richard Akuoko Adiyiah dead
- ‘The empty headedness of the youth was good enough to vote you into power’ – Senyo Hosi to KT Hammond
- The activities of Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm are illegal – John Jinapor
- Burkina Faso unrest: Military officers remove leader Damiba
- We do not deploy soldiers to provide security for mining firms – Armed Forces
- Galamsey fight: DCEs must get fired – John Awuah
- There is evidence to show some NPP top officials are into illegal mining – John Jinapor
- King Charles and late Queen will both feature on new 50p coins
- Livestream: 7th EMY Africa Awards on Joy Prime
- Patrons at Luv Fm Habitat Fair impressed with quality of event
- Count On Crops Hub equips 32 Agric Extension Officers with data collection skills
- Government fails to announce new farmgate price for cocoa despite start of season
- 2023 CHAN: Black Galaxies face Morocco, Madagascar and Sudan in Group C
- Fight against galamsey must be above partisan politics – Samuel Jinapor
- Customers can purchase electricity credits from Oct. 2 – ECG
- Arsenal beat Tottenham to go four points clear
- Aubameyang scores as Potter gets first Chelsea win
- Faisal Chibsah: From starting coaching career as volunteer to heading FIFA High-Performance specialist role for Africa
- Genser deal: We’re developing a Trojan horse to cannibalise all state enterprises in the energy sector – Ben Boakye
- Policymakers must ensure Ghana does not return to current economic situation – Dr. Twumasi-Baffuor
- Let the public know your innovations – Dr. Addo Kufuor charges tertiary institutions
- Over 1000 shops flooded at Kumasi Central Market; traders blame Contracta for the mess
- Orange Corners Ghana celebrates graduation of 45 entrepreneurs