Gospel musician, Yaw Sarpong, has said that he believes rapper Sarkodie is the vessel God is using to widen his influence in the music industry.
His comment comes after his new song, ‘AhobraseÉ›’, which featured the rapper has begun receiving good reviews while putting him back in the frontline of the industry.
According to him, since he first linked up with the ‘Lucky’ hitmaker, the rapper has been so forthcoming and willing to go the extra mile to help him.
“In my 43 years in the music industry, this is the time that I have seen God paving the way for me,” Yaw Sarpong said in an interview on Hitz FM’s Daybreak Hitz, Monday.
Prior to their collaboration, Sarkodie had tagged Yaw Sarpong as one of the musicians he would love to work with.
The Gospel artiste said he was pleasantly surprised when he heard Sarkodie had been praising him non stop.
“In fact, he has really surprised me. Sarkodie isn’t only famous but he has an outstanding character. Sarkodie is more than being humble,” he told Andy Dosty, host of the show.
Narrating how he met Sarkodie, he said the rapper invited him over to his wedding before they had the opportunity later to visit the studio.
He added that the Best International Flow rapper took no dime from him, rather promised to help him push his works across the digital space.
“Sarkodie called me and he told me that he had a wedding at Labadi beach so he wanted me to come there. He didn’t take even take One Cedi to record with me.
When he calls me, he tells me how he will use his name to support me and I am very surprised because most of the secular guys don’t find it that easy with him [Sarkodie]. I think God sent him to me.”
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Kwabena Agyepong’s NPP membership re-instated
- Manu, who delayed Ghana’s 4x100m baton, had never received one – Coach
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Former students of Takoradi Technical University reject certificate
- Customs driver jailed for selling official vehicle
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Dzata Cement projects annual production of 3m tonnes
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
Power outages in parts of Accra will last for 8 days – ECG, GRIDCO
Esther Akosua Acheampong Edoo
Ghana has not made progress in agriculture – Edward Kareweh
Police in Ashanti Region gun down one suspected robber
GCB outlines strategy that hinges on 3 pillars
Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
Road Safety is a collective and shared responsibility – MTTD
NCCE, Graphic Communication Group to deepen relations
CIMG commits to national development through launch of professional marketing qualifications
No dividend for Unilever shareholders; but company focused on delivering growth
Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
UK government commits to introducing legislation to ban conversion therapy practice
Chief of Defence Staff, two others inducted into office
Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine authorised for administering to children aged 12-15
Playback: Government addresses press on ‘galamsey’ fight