A gory accident between Kintampo and Babatokuma has claimed 22 lives.
The deceased include 17 men, four women and one child.
According to reports, 21 persons died on the spot while one person died at the Kintampo Government Hospital.
The Yendi-Kumasi bound bus with registration number AS 4635-22 which had 52 passengers onboard, crashed with a trailer truck with registration number GW 1127 P carrying tiles.
Even though it is unclear what really happened, some passengers said the truck driver tried to swerve a stationary truck.
In the process, it joined the other lane which resulted in a near collision with the commercial bus.
Those who survived the accident are receiving treatment at the Kintampo Hospital while the dead have been deposited at the Kintampo Government Hospital morgue.
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- I didn’t insult you – Mahama responds to Nana Akomea
- Legon Cities drag Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- Renowned Economist Dr. Joe Abbey is dead
- IMF deal: Government to reduce public sector compensations by 0.5%
- Today’s front pages: Tuesday, May 30, 2023
- South Africa clears way for Putin’s visit in immunity notice
- Frank Acheampong’s goal and assists inspire Shenzen to comeback win
- Ghana defender Patric Pfeiffer reaches verbal agreement to sign for Augsburg – Report
- About 2.4 million Ghanaians are living with diabetes
- Man prises crocodile’s jaws off his head at Australian resort
- BoG needs to pay equal attention to non-bank financial institutions as it does banks – Dr. Anane-Antwi
- BoG interventions to restore confidence in financial sector not enough – Dr. Atuahene
- Pita Limjaroenrat: Thai election upstart who vows to be different
- Uganda’s President Museveni approves tough new anti-gay law
- Beyoncé’s Renaissance tour: An intergalactic explosion of fun
- Group calls for help to save Keta Kɔlebu Market
- 10 signs you’re in a toxic relationship with your job
- If these 5 things are happening, your relationship is already over
- Men who smile at women are sexist, says Science