For a second week running, Asante Kotoko will be out of action as they will be travelling to Algeria to play against ES Setif in the CAF Confederation Cup.
Hearts of Oak on the other hand, return to league action after what has been a turbulent week off the pitch.
Players who were called to the national team have also returned to their respective clubs and will be eager to impress.
Here are four fixtures from matchday 15 of the Ghana Premier League you can’t afford to miss this weekend:
Hearts of Oak vs Ebusua Dwarfs
Hearts of Oak have dominated the news since their last league game which ended in a 1-1 draw with Legon Cities.
The draw led to a chain of events which was headlined by the resignation of head coach Kosta Papic. That meant that in the space of one week, the club had lost their head coach, assistant coach Asare Bediako and goalkeeper’s trainer George Owu.
As a result, distraught fans demonstrated in and around the premises of the club’s secretariat on Wednesday. The board decided to address the media in a press conference that left more questions than answers.
Time isn’t on the side of the Accra-based club who currently sit outside of the top 10. In the interim, u-15 coach of the side Samuel Nii Noi will take charge of the first team.
His immediate task will be to beat an in-form Ebusua Dwarfs side who have been imperious away from home. Ernest Thompson’s men have the second best away record picking up 11 points on the road this season.
The Cape Coast based side beat Inter Allies 2-0 during their last visit to the Accra Sports stadium. They return to face the Phobians who have failed to pick a win in their last four games.
Stadium: Accra Sports stadium, Accra
Time: Sunday, 15:00GMT
Prediction: Hearts 1-2 Ebusua Dwarfs
Berekum Chelsea vs Dreams FC
Dreams FC have the longest unbeaten run in the league going eight games without defeat. The sudden improvement in the performance can be attributed to the appointment of new coach Vladislav Viric.
The Serbian coach has transformed the Dawu-based side who are now scoring for fun. The Still Believe lads have scored at least two goals in their last five games.
Berekum Chelsea on the other hand have been porous defensively leaking 17 goals in 14 games this season.
Chelsea started the year poorly picking up just three points from their first five games. However, the Berekum-based club have seen an improvement in results and have climbed out of the relegation zone after an important victory over Eleven Wonders last matchday.
Both sides should be going for all three points because a win could see Dreams FC top the table for the first time this season, and a win for Chelsea could see them extend the gap between themselves and relegation to six points.
Stadium: Golden City Park, Berekum
Time: Saturday, 15:00GMT
Prediction: Berekum Chelsea 2-2 Dreams FC
Bechem United vs Legon Cities
Legon Cities come into this fixture full of confidence having gone five games unbeaten. The Royals have taken advantage of the transfer window and signed two strikers to try and address their goalscoring problem.
Bashir Hayford’s men have scored just 12 goals in 14 games and as a result have acquired the services of former top scorer in the Sudanese league Richmond Antwi.
Hayford has also signed Hans Kwofie from AshGold for a reported two-year deal. Under Hayford at AshGold, Kwofie won the golden boot in the 2016/17 season.
Both players have trained and travelled with the squad meaning Bechem United could expect a different dimension to Legon Cities’ attack.
But Bechem United themselves will not be too bothered considering their form at home. The Bechem-based side have the second best home record with 17 points and no defeat.
Stadium: Nana Gyeabour’s Park, Bechem
Time: Sunday, 15:00GMT
Prediction: Bechem United 3-1 Legon Cities
Eleven Wonders vs Great Olympics
Great Olympics are having an incredible season with the team looking like a refreshed side who can go all the way.
The Oly Dade currently sit second and could end the weekend on top of the league if they avoid defeat against an out of form Eleven Wonders.
Eleven Wonders have been on a rapid downward spiral since their early season impressive form.
Ignatius Osei-Fosu’s side have won just two of their last 12 games since picking up four points from their first two games.
Wonders look like a side low in confidence and with Olympics welcoming Gladson Awako, Maxwell Quaye and Michael Otou from national team camp, the Dade boys could continue their good run.
Stadium: Ohene Ameyaw Park, Techiman
Time: Sunday, 15:00GMT
Prediction: Eleven Wonders 0-2 Great Olympics
- 16 feared dead, over 40 injured in Gomoa Okyereko accident on Accra-Cape Coast highway
- Supreme Court ‘cautions and discharges’ NDC’s Kpessa Whyte after convicting him for contempt
- Pressure mounts on cedi; loses 9% in value to dollar last week
- Nigeria: Hilton Hotel owner, two workers sentenced to death for murder of student
- Bawumia picks NPP flagbearer nomination form
- AFCON 2023Q: Nuamah included, Sowah dropped as Hughton names Ghana squad to face Madagascar
- Parliament writes to EC, declares Assin North seat vacant
- 2023 U23 AFCON: Kamaldeen Sulemana to be called up to Black Meteors squad for tournament
- Learn your trade, don’t force a move from Ajax – Liverpool legend advises Ghana star Mohammed Kudus
- Resign and concentrate on your health; Ahanta West needs development – NDC tells Kojo Kum
- Government must engage labour on IMF deal – Austin Gamey
- Permit service personnel to teach you fire preventive measures – ADO2 Nartey
- We have burden-shared enough, government needs to show commitment – GRNMA
- Arrest made in killing of New Jersey council woman Eunice Dwumfour
- Government should brace itself for a possible showdown should it attempt salary reduction – GRNMA
- Fire burns Madina-Ritz junction again
- UCC’s Prof David Teye Doku named best Social Sciences and Humanities Scientist in Ghana
- Prof Gyampo slams Akufo-Addo over presidency’s request for CVs of senior EC officials
- Petrol, diesel prices to stay same; LPG to go down 5% – IES
- Prudential Life Insurance targets informal sector with ‘Mekakrawa’ insurance policy
- STEM education: Afia Kobi SHS students build model aircraft to aid maritime surveillance
- Cigar smoked by Sir Winston Churchill nearly 80 years ago up for auction
- Bofoakwa Tano seal Ghana Premier League return after beating Eleven Wonders on penalties
- National Cathedral: We need $100m to import steel for work to proceed – Dr Opoku Mensah
- Black Stars face USA in friendly on October 17