The financial stocks are driving the performance of the Ghana Stock Exchange despite the market’s negative return to investors so far this year.
According to the March 2022 Monthly Report, volume and value traded were 214.96 million and ¢273.13 million, both up 272.59% and 389.35% respectively on volumes and values traded same period last year. The volume and value traded were the highest monthly traded since August 2019.
However, the value traded in March 2022 was 797% over that of February 2022.
The March performance of the Ghana Stock Exchange was a marginal improvement over that of last month, with a return of -1.67% for the market. However, the performance of the Financial Stocks was positive, closing the month with a return of 1.07%.
This was due to gains in SIC, Ecobank Transnational Incorporated, Trust Bank Gambia and Access Bank.
Investor confidence also started picking up due to the strong earnings reported by listed companies. This led to increased activity on the market, recording 2,256 transactions.
Meanwhile, the Ghana Fixed Income Market closed the month with a new all-time record volume of 28.13 billion traded, breaking the record set during the same period last year.
The cumulative volume traded from January to March 2022 of 64.14 billion was 6.98% more than 60 billion traded in some period last year.
|Feb. 2022||Marc 2022|
|Volume||31.108 million||214.969 million|
|Value||¢26.42 million||¢237.13 million|
|GSE Composite Index YTD||-2.54%||-1.67%|
|Market Capitalization||¢62.88 billion||¢64.02billion|
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Social media reacts to Afena-Gyan’s rejection of Black Meteors call-up
- Beige Bank case: Nyinaku accused of issuing misleading investment certificates to unsuspecting customers
- AFCON 2023Q: Antoine Semenyo nets last-ditch winner as Black Stars beat Angola
- Afenyo-Markin pleads for confirmation of ministerial nominees
- Ghana v Angola: Jordan Ayew, Kudus start as Chris Hughton era begins
- Funny Face opens up on relationship with Emmanuel Adebayor
- Volta ECG reconnects Ho Airport, GRA, others after payments
- Ashaiman invasion: We have been commended for ridding town of criminals – DG of Armed Forces Public Affairs
- Afena-Gyan turns down Black Meteors invitation for AFCON qualifier against Algeria
- EcoZoil marks World Water Day with beach clean-up and public sensitisation exercises
- Increasing taxes not conditionality for IMF board approval – Dr. Ali Nkayea
- Government’s new tax measures are anti-business – Mark Aboagye
- Ghana is not poor, we are only being poorly managed – Dr. Ali-Nakyea
- Former MP files nomination with a vow to win back Daboya/Makarigu seat
- ECG’s swoop in Nungua District identifies 48 illegal connections
- Playback: PM Express discuss IMF Programme conditionalities
- I didn’t attend the seminary to become a Priest – Rev. Akua Boateng
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- God’s Ministers key to national decision-making – New EC Board member
- Don’t expect normal procedures when the military is called into action – Brigadier Aggrey Quarshie
- Agric Minister woos rice investors in Thailand to Ghana
- ‘Ghana Today’ platform initiative is good but not enough – Executive Director of Penplusbytes
- I’m not disappointed ‘Downflat Remix’ wasn’t a hit – Kelvyn Boy
- Nyarko is a helpless romantic in new single ‘You’