The Member of Parliament (MP) for North Tongu has criticised President Akufo-Addo over his positive assessment of his appointees.
Samuel Okudzeto Ablakwa said the President is out of touch with reality for not seeing the need for a shake-up within the executive.
According to him, this is dangerous for the country.
“Is President Akufo-Addo really living in reality, or he is in a bubble? He has totally lost touch,” he said on Citi FM on Monday, August 8.
The outspoken lawmaker was responding to the President’s remark that he has no intention to reshuffle his ministers.
According to him, there is no justification for the demand. President Akufo-Addo insisted that most of them have met his expectations.
Speaking on North Star Radio in Tamale on Monday, August 8, as part of his two-day tour of the Northern Region, the President said he is impressed with his appointees.
“Many of them for me have done outstanding work. Their output has been considerable, and that is what I look at,” he said.
“If the output measures expectations, then I don’t have any strong reasons to heed the call,” President Akufo-Addo added.
The President also believes calls for a reshuffle sometimes have ulterior motives.
- Police arrest man flogging toddler in viral video
- Daddy Lumba opens up on being bedridden for over 5 years
- ‘Akufo-Addo must resign; he’s giving us too much headache’ – Kpebu
- Government increases cocoa price by 21% to ¢800 a bag
- Black Sherif releases ‘The Villain I Never Was’
- Ghana’s debt to GDP is not properly accounted for – Ato Forson
- Loans to become more expensive as BoG hikes policy rate to 24.5%
- Residents of Ashalaja sleep in kiosks as their homes remain flooded
- Nigerian oil export terminal had theft line into sea for 9 years
- Joy Learning facilitator Stella Gyimaah Larbi adjudged overall best teacher for 2022
- Power supply was curtailed to Weija, adjourning communities due to flood – ECG
- Nigeria Plans 15% Increase in Borrowing to Fund Record Deficit
- Government running Ghana as “a satellite state of international capital” – Martin Amidu
- Livestream: NDC holds presser on illegal mining
- Daniel Afriyie Barnieh to run down Hearts contract as he rejects new deal
- Increase price of bag of cocoa to ¢1,500 or we smuggle it – Farmers
- 281 artisans pass out as certified electricians in Ashanti region
- Government records fiscal deficit of 6.4% as of September 30, 2022 – BoG
- Brother stands in as groom skips wedding to train
- Cedi loses 37.5% in value to dollar as of September 30, 2022 – BoG
- 51 GrEEn SMEs receive over ¢1.3m total matching grant to expand their business
- Banks profit-before-tax grows 25.2% to ¢6.1bn
- Kanye West wants Jamie Foxx to play him in a movie
- Black Sherif’s ‘Soja’ debuts on Billboard’s US Afrobeats Chart
- Road Minister sorry for ‘worst’ roads in region