Social impact is fast becoming an integral part of the operations of corporate organisations in Ghana.
As such, Humanitarian Awards Global has published its annual ranking of the 100 most influential Companies making an impact in the society to highlight the remarkable exploits of businesses contributing immensely to the development of Ghana in diverse ways and in the midsts of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The outbreak of the novel coronavirus also known as Covid-19 on the 31st of December 2019 in China has fast become a global pandemic of which Ghana is not an exception.
The COVID-19 pandemic has had devastating economic and humanitarian effects on Ghana.
To support Ghana’s Covid-19 response, to ensure that the poor and the marginalized receive their needs, many companies were seen supporting the needy and government to help mitigate the impact of the virus as well as its medium-term socio-economic consequences.
The ranking features local & foreign companies based in Ghana selected from across key sectors of Ghana’s economy. It highlights their activities across health, education, agriculture, sanitation, women empowerment, and a host of others which have well-impacted society.
The purpose of this well-researched list is to celebrate and recognize these prominent organisations.
The research was inspired by the level of investment and commitments corporate bodies have attached to their social responsibilities and to support Ghana in the era of Covid-19.
Humanitarian Awards Global aims at identifying, recognizing, celebrating and awarding companies, extraordinary individuals, NGOs, and groups who are positively impacting the lives of people, society and nature at large.
On the selection of the top-ranked companies, the criteria for the ranking also requires the initiatives of these corporate bodies to align with the UN’s SDGs coupled with public evidence of impact.
Social Impact initiatives must be innovative and exhibit the ambition of change. They must also be sustainable and still underway and not just one-time support to humanity and to qualify, the company must be a for-profit company or social enterprise.
Below is an alphabetical arrangement of the list of the 2020-2021 Humanitarian Awards Global Most Influential Social Impact Companies in Ghana.
- Developing world faces $2.5trn shock; Ghana behaves like rich sultanate in the gulf – Bloomberg
- Chinese nationals release dogs on GRA tax officers at quarry site
- Police pursue Caprice robbery suspects
- Beautiful photos drop as Mahama’s son and Algerian wife welcome their 1st child
- Domestic Debt Exchange: Time ticks for bondholders
- Alan Kyerematen’s campaign song pops up at Kufuor’s 84th birthday bash
- Some ministers I reshuffled are no more friends with me – Mahama
- Kofi Kinaata’s ‘Made in Taadi’ 2022 edition cancelled
- Court discharges 6 Policemen accused of bullion van robberies
- 1$ now ¢12.80
- How long does it take to fall in love?
- Ghana Cedi: From worst to best performer against dollar
- COVID-19: Vulnerable populations face higher burden of morbidity and mortality – Health Minister
- George Floyd: Ex-officer J Alexander Kueng sentenced for manslaughter
- Stay away from workers’ pension funds – CWU tells government
- Canada: Quebec makes oath to King optional for politicians
- Ghana produces first locally trained Geriatrician
- Alan Kyerematen mobbed by NPP grassroots at party’s headquarters
- The self-proclaimed kingdom that doesn’t recognise Germany
- World Cup 2022: Morocco hope for ‘breakthrough’ for Africa in quarter-final against Portugal
- Haruna Iddrisu, others laud Opare Addo for his good works as NDC National Youth Organsier
- Gunmen kidnap Nigerian politician’s wife and children
- D’banj released from custody over lack of evidence – lawyer
- IOM, JICA donate equipment and ambulances to GHS
- Debt-ridden Ghana’s cedi posts world’s biggest gain against US dollar