Ghanaian musician Andy Osei Sarfo, popularly known as Kweku Flick, has revealed that he wasn’t disappointed when none of his works got a nomination in the up and coming edition of the VGMAs.
The rapper disclosed this in an interview with Andy Dosty on Daybreak Hitz on Hitz FM, when he was asked about his recent accolades and how he felt about not getting any nomination in the up and coming VGMAs.
“I’m not disappointed but last year I was because ‘Money’ wasn’t nominated for Most Popular Song of the Year but this year, I’m cool,” he said.
The “Attack” hitmaker who is on a radio tour promoting his new song, “Ewiase”, said he will have a problem with the VGMA if he doesn’t give a nomination next year.
“I will give a big shout to VGMA for not giving me a nomination but if next year I don’t get a nomination then I can talk about it,” he stated.
Kweku Flick got a nomination in the just ended 3 Music Awards for a feature on the “Sika Aba Fie” song by Kwaku Darlington, with additional vocals by Yaw Tog, but it didn’t win.
Even though Kweku Flick couldn’t pick an award at this year’s edition of the award scheme, he is determined to doing so next year.
The “No Sleeping” rapper added that he will be releasing his debut EP in May.
The first single off the project, “Ewiase”, is out on all streaming platforms.
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- Concerned UG Students embark on ‘Ya Br3 Mo’ Demo
- Bawku Killings: We are preparing ourselves for an explosion we can’t contain – Kofi Bentil
- We are not concerned about tradability of our bonds – Martin Kpebu replies Finance Ministry
- Government’s arrogant posturing to blame for challenges with implementation of DDEP – Alhassan Suhuyini
- My account on Bawku killings based on eye witness report – Ayariga
- Bawku killings: Families of deceased must be duly compensated – Ayariga
- US FDA says India-made eye drop linked to some infections, blindness and one death
- Murder case involving Ghanaian resident in Canada adjourned to February 16
- Court quashes suspension of Kuapa Kokoo President after months of litigation
- I don’t want the President’s hand in investigating Bawku killings – Ayariga
- The Catholic pilgrims who walked 9 days to see Pope Francis
- Ghana Gas signs US$700m deal for second gas processing plant
- Treasure Kids Newspaper relaunched to encourage reading
- Stonebwoy releases brand new single “More Of You”
- Playback: Newsfile discusses revised DDE, CPI 2022 report and CSSPS expose
- More than 40 killed in Nigeria as gunmen and vigilantes clash