Ghanaian footballer, Thomas Partey, has opened up months after news went viral that he has converted to Islam.
According to him, he made the decision to become Muslim because of his love for his Moroccan girlfriend.
In a video shared by TV presenter, Nana Aba Anamoah, Thomas Partey revealed that he grew up among Muslims and does not see much difference.
He told Nana Aba that the name given to him after he converted is Yakubu.
In March 2022, news went rife that Ghanaian footballer Thomas Party had converted to Islam.
This was after a photo went viral on social media which saw the midfielder holding the Quran with a certified marriage official in London.
A tweet from the Imam read, “Praise be to God who guides whoever wills. May God Almighty make him firm on Islam.”
Although Thomas Partey has been quiet about the conversion he opened up to Broadcaster, Nana Aba Anamoah.
He jokingly added that he knows his side chicks would leave him because of the decision he has taken but he does not mind.
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- ‘Thank you Dede Ayew’, tweets ‘praise’ Stars captain for missed penalty as Brazil mauls South Korea
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Presidents must have courage to reshuffle their ministers – Kufuor
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Don’t criticise people who give thanks to God! — Bishop Saah warns
- Immediately exempt pension funds from debt exchange programme – GMA tells government
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- GSTEP team transforming plastic wastes into plastic houses
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Virologist alarmed over typhoid drug resistance; says vaccine is needed
- 2022 World Cup: Morocco beat Spain on penalties to book quarterfinal spot
- Transforming women health leadership for improved health outcomes
- Not one pesewa of pension funds will be lost to Debt Restructuring Programme – TUC
- Building a Village Dream premieres Dec. 8 on Joy Prime
- Akufo-Addo commissions Afienya Road Over Bridge on Tema-Mpakadan Railway line
- I will support victims of debt exchange programme to sue government – Adongo
- Odotobiri Rural Bank pays 20% profit after tax as dividend
- Nautyca and Michy release third collaboration dubbed ‘Good Feeling’