Member of Parliament-elect for the Madina Constituency, says his purpose is to serve Ghana and would do so as President should the opportunity present itself.
According to Francis Xavier-Sosu, it is a human desire to want more out of life once a certain degree of success is achieved.
“I don’t mind ever serving this Country as a President, but that is not my dream nor passion now, I believe in taking one step at a time.
“This is where I am now, I want to serve the people of Madina, so the people will say wow if this guys can serve Madina this way, he probable can serve Ghana in this capacity.
“It should be the verdict of the people that my own,” he said.
Speaking to Joy FM’s Lexis Bill on Personality Profile, the human rights activist stated that ahead of the 2020 general election, he was confident of victory based on the attitude of the people and the message he sent across.
“To the Jew I was a Jew, to the Muslin I was a Muslim, to the Christian I was a Christian, to the street kid I was a street kid, to the Kayaye I was a Kayaye.
“I became all things to all men so that I can identify and connect, many people said I was doing it because of politics but I told them that was how I was,” he explained.
Prior to the elections, the politician launched a website, ‘madinajobcenter.com’ to solve the unemployment in the constituency.
Mr. Xavier-Sosu’s vision for his constituency is to provide opportunities for Job Creation & Youth Development.
He intends to set up skills and career centres across the constituency in order to generate a database that captures the demography, education, skills and competencies of the working class in the constituency.
He won by 61, 274 votes while the incumbent NPP’s Abubakar Sadique Boniface managed to pull some 46, 525 votes.
- Playback: Akufo-Addo delivers 25th address on measures taken against Covid-19
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- Taskforce destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Full text: Akufo-Addo’s 25th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
- African Ministers of Health endorse and support Africa Common Position on Covid-19 passport
- Hologram, QR Code to authenticate full vaccination status of Ghanaians
PPP backs calls for independent probe into alleged assault of Caleb Kudah
Bawumia endorses Ghana’s candidate for Commonwealth Youth Council
Livestream: 5th edition Ghana CEO Summit
Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
GIPC hints of 5 years tax holidays for aquaculture investors
PharmAccess’ Dr Maxwell Antwi appointed to UHC2030 Advisory Group
Assault on journalists: Media Groups call for restructuring of National Security agency among others
Dr. Adoma Dwomo-Fokuo Odame: Dear Sam George, red is the only colour that matters
Miss Universe contestants unveil protest messages in politically charged pageant
Galamsey: Desilting and dredging of the Offin river underway
Enhance babies’ food with micronutrient powder – Nutrition Officer
23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
Prince Charles wants royal palaces to go from ‘private spaces to public places’ when he is king – report
Stop blaming Mahama government and fix dumsor – ACEP to Energy Minister
Mahama’s Power Purchasing Agreements: We saved $1.4bn after deferring 3 – Energy Minister