Sensational Afrobeats artiste Gyakie has revealed that throughout her childhood, she hardly dreamt of pursuing music as a career.
She made the revelation on Joy FM’s Showbiz A-Z show on Saturday April 9, 2022, during a discussion on the topic ‘Breaking through Ghana’s rough and tough music terrain’.
Many pupils often enlist white collar jobs as their dream jobs, a culture that is widespread in Ghana.
Gyakie mentioned that she was no different during her childhood, eventually opting to settle for entrepreneurship in later years.
“When I got into the secondary school, heading into the university, I wanted to be an entrepreneur, I wanted to be a business mogul”, she revealed.
Similar to many shared experiences, Gyakie disclosed that she never thought she would pursue music as a profession, giving reasons that “I never paid attention to how different my voice was”.
However, her mother appeared to have discovered her hidden talent and would eventually help her nurture it by getting her to sing and dance to entertain her friends.
Gyakie remains one of Ghana’s most promising talents, whose music has won the hearts of many.
Her recent career achievement is a 30 million all-time play on Apple Music, which she revealed via Twitter.
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor General’s report
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- ‘Task Ofori-Atta to seek help from Seth Tekper in addressing our economic miseries’ – Gyampo to Akufo-Addo
- Cedi loses 40% value to dollar in nine months of 2022; places 147th position in world – Bloomberg
- Sam George deletes Facebook post about alleged attack on ECG system
- JICA organises third seminar on construction technology for Ghanaian engineers
- Forty Under 40 awards: Xodus Communications Limited releases full list of winners
- North Korea fires ballistic missile over Japan
- ECG vendors should have been made to work round the clock to address challenges – Kofi Kapito
- Forty Under 40: WhiteChalk CEO wins Event Management and Planner of the Year
- Aluu 4: Ten years from the lynching that shocked Nigeria
- Sunyani West residents outraged over deplorable roads
- COCOBOD secures US$1.13billion to purchase cocoa
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- Celebrities mourn Ekow Blankson
- Pro-Alan groups step up efforts to win Ashanti NPP
- Sacking Samuel Boadu at the ‘wrong time’ brings pressure on the new coach – Amankwah Mireku
- Playback: PM Express discuss ECG vending challenges
- COCOBOD signs $1.13bn syndicated loan for 2022/2023 cocoa crop season
- Morocco will continue to support Ghana’s cancer fight – Ambassador