Audio By Carbonatix
One of the daughters of President Akufo-Addo says she was not paid $25 million to paint parts of Accra.
Ms. Gyankroma Akufo-Addo said such allegations are completely false.
According to her, the projects were privately conceived and funded, contrary to claims being speculated.
She blamed some “shameless persons” as being behind the speculation.
“For the avoidance of any doubt, it is important to state that these projects were solely conceived, managed, and financially undertaken by The Creative Arts Agency, through its own fundraising activities.”
“It is a complete fabrication being propagated by some shameless persons, and which, unfortunately, has been published by sections of the media.
This project was not embarked upon to make profit, and there have been no lucrative contracts awarded for it,” she said in a press statement issued on Wednesday.
There have been allegations that Gyankroma Akufo-Addo had been paid $25 million to paint parts of the capital city.
However, she has denied the allegations outrightly.
"I have instructed my lawyer to seek redress in the law courts against persons and media houses that published these falsehoods with the sole intention of destroying my reputation," she said.
Latest Stories
-
Harry and Meghan’s UK security arrangements remain a ‘private matter’ – Andy Burnham
2 minutes -
At least 15 killed in Kyiv as Ukraine grapples with air defence shortages
6 minutes -
Existing banking model could draw a dagger through Ghana’s 24-Hour Economy
12 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: Heartbreak for Techiman SHS as Wesley High edge them by one point in prelims
16 minutes -
IES demands release of July 29 blackout report after latest nationwide outage
29 minutes -
Eastern TESCON backs Boakye Agyarko for NPP National Chairman
34 minutes -
Eduwatch demands review of BOGISS decision against 14-year-old alleged sexual abuse victim
40 minutes -
Banking sector was undercapitalised for much of decade preceding 2017 cleanup – Opoku-Afari
41 minutes -
Togo charges two French journalists over incorrect documents, rights group says
42 minutes -
Education Ministry condemns alleged sexual abuse of BOGISS student
52 minutes -
Lawyers challenge demolition of elderly woman’s Oyarifa residence, demand formal engagement
1 hour -
Change in mode of support package for Ghanaians returning from South Africa delayed announcement – MTN Board Chairman
1 hour -
Mining industry must rethink social licence with youth at the centre – GoldBod CEO
1 hour -
BoG encourages banks to list on GSE to unlock long-term capital
1 hour -
NSMQ 2026: Nandom SHS complete stunning comeback, edge Ghana SHS by a point to reach one-eighth stage
1 hour