Popularly known as Osebo, fashionista and Chief Executive of Zara Boutique, Richard Brown says he would not advise upcoming fashion enthusiasts to copy his way of dressing.
He told Luv FM’s Anita Kuma on Showbiz Xtra about the need to develop a tough skin in the industry, attributing his resilience in the space to his training abroad.
“You need to withstand the criticisms and insults people are likely to make. If you’ve wanted to do anything out of the ordinary in Ghana particularly, people will condemn and drag you down,” he observed.
“If you don’t have a thick skin or a good spiritual backing, you can give up. Yet nobody can dim my shine, I’m born to win,” he pointed out.
Osebo praised ace broadcaster, Kwasi Kyei Darkwah, (KKD) for charting a path for all of Ghana’s fashion icons to follow.
“Through his style, he made his name and anything extra seems odd to Ghanaians. I’d advise Ghanaians to imitate KKD’s dressing style. Ghanaians are used to his style, so it easier and more conservative,” he said.
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- Ghanaian students on government scholarship stranded in UK over delayed stipend
- IMF presses Ghana to stop borrowing from its central bank
- 4 persons injured in ghastly accident on Accra-Kumasi Highway
- Cedi depreciated by 19.1% to dollar in January 2023 – BoG
- Classroom Mothers: Schoolgirl donating blood discovers she’s 3 months pregnant
- Only 1 person died from suspected food poisoning at Oyibi – FDA
- Gang burns down six-bedroom house in reprisal attack at Krofrom
- I’ve never met Sister Derby since we broke up – Medikal
- My mom had more female customers because of my voice – Camidoh
- ‘Hawala’ Method: This network enables terrorists to launder money in Europe
- Algerian Army Chief of Staff visits Paris
- It is possible to conclude Debt Exchange Programme without individual bondholders – Economist
- AFCON 2025: Morocco is better placed to host the African Cup Of Nations
- Australian Open: Aryna Sabalenka beats Elena Rybakina to win Melbourne title
- Debt Exchange engagements should have started earlier – Sylvester Tetteh
- Debt Exchange programme: Individual bondholders who refuse to participate will face no punitive action – Senyo Hosi
- Minority Leadership Change: We will address conflict – NDC Council of Elders
- Samuel Abu Jinapor urges private sector to own AfCFTA agenda
- COCOBOD’s plan to raise $3bn a ‘pipe-dream’; borrowing cost jumps to 10-year high – Bright Simons
- 14 taxes imposed on imported raw materials crippling manufacturing – GFL
- Usain Bolt fires business manager over Jamaica fraud case
- Wa SHTS students call for a break over fire outbreaks
- Court remands accountant over ¢69k fraud
- Kwabena Otuo Acheampong: Curbing student violence and vandalism