AC Milan striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic has tested positive for coronavirus, the Serie A club have confirmed.
The announcement comes just hours before Milan are due to take on Norwegian side FK Bodo/Glimt in the Europa League third qualifying round on Thursday.
The club say that they have informed the “relevant authorities” and that Ibrahimovic will now enter a period of quarantine at home.
Milan added that no other members of the squad have tested positive in the latest round of testing, although defender Leo Duarte did return a positive result on Wednesday and has already begun isolating.
Ibrahimovic has scored three goals in Milan’s first two games of the season, including both in their 2-0 win over Bologna in their first Serie A match of the season.
The 38-year-old former Sweden international signed a new one-year deal at the San Siro this summer following his successful return to the club from the LA Galaxy in January.
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- DCOP Opare Addo recounts chilling account of how he was harassed by members of the Delta Force
- Speaker Alban Bagbin urges SALL residents to petition Parliament
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
- I was traumatised by police sirens – Koku Anyidoho on his National Security experience
Be cautious of inherent risks of digital transformation – GCB MD
Government charged to mobilize domestic resources to deal with rising debt situation
Livestream: Government addresses nation on Covid-19 vaccination Phase II
DCOP Opare Addo had no locus to be in office, his contract has expired – National Security Coordinator
Ghanaian-German Centre for Job launches ‘Ghana Job Fair’ to tackle youth unemployment
Teenage pregnancy surge as Upper East Region records 6,533 cases
We must protect each other against covid-19 – Imperial General Assurance MD
MUSIGA to set up new Election Committee – Ras Caleb
DSP Azugu being at post is a dereliction of duty on IGP’s part – Agalga
How to know when it’s time to end a toxic friendship
Assault on Citi FM journalist: NMC writes to National Security Ministry for update on investigations
India unlikely to resume sizable Covid-19 vaccine exports until October
Lands Minister, Abu Jinapor embarks on aerial tour of River Pra
Hospital consultation made easy using Bisa App
Tamale police arrest 3 suspected kidnappers