Black stars head coach, Otto Addo, says he is not worried about growing pressure to win games with the national team.
Addo has won just 1 of his 7 games in charge of the national team, leading them to the 2022 World Cup against Nigeria in his first two games.
Both games ended in a draw as Ghana sealed qualification to the quadrennial mundial.
Since then, Ghana has only managed to beat Madagascar, a 3-0 win in Cape Coast in a 2023 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier.
The run has included 2 defeats to Japan (4-1) and Brazil (3-0), and draws against Central African Republic (1-1) and Chile (0-0).
Ghana face Nicaragua in Spain on Tuesday evening in another international friendly ahead of November’s World Cup in Qatar.
Asked if the Nicaragua game is a must-win for his team, Addo said: “We are using these matches to try a lot of things, not only on the players but also for my side on systems, so we have to find that together. This is very important for us as a team.
“We have new players in each position we need to integrate and a whole a lot of things and we also want to use these games for everyone to show themselves at the training and also in the games and I am not worried.
“We have to take the right conclusions out of every match and prepare ourselves for the World Cup.”
Kick off for Ghana vs Nicaragua is 18:00GMT.
- T-bills, individual bond holders exempted from Domestic Debt Exchange – Ofori-Atta
- We’ll not accept Ofori-Atta’s debt restructuring – Minority
- Bright Simons: Ghana begins its dance with creditors
- Debt Exchange Programme is key requirement for IMF deal – Ofori-Atta
- Playback: Ofori-Atta launches Domestic Debt Exchange amid financial crisis
- Residents of Agbeve unhappy with dredging activities on Volta River by foreign vessel
- How individual mistakes cost Black Stars a round of 16 World Cup slot
- Proposed debt exchange programme will bring some confidence into economy – Dr. Addison
- There was no approach from Ghana to play for Black Stars – Danny Welbeck
- Your treasury bills are completely safe, no haircut in domestic bonds – Ofori-Atta
- Never sign a part-time coach – Ben Ephson tells GFA
- Preventing nomadic herdsmen from entering Ejura will negatively affect farmers – Fulani leaders
- 14-year-old tumor patient treated at Hope Xchange Hospital
- 2022 World Cup: Dominik Livakovic the hero as Croatia beat Japan on penalties
- Minority demands major expenditure cuts by government to alleviate economic downturn
- Ghanaian nurses to work in UK under new deal – Agyemang Manu
- Do not prevent your children from going to school – Education Minister urges farmers
- NGO wants government to reduce prices of goods to encourage charity work
- Adding value to agric will create more jobs for youth – Obuasi MCE
- Our aides are not our spokespersons – Visually impaired tells public
- ‘Gobɛ’ is not food for the poor; it’s expensive these days’ – Fameye
- Facial recognition metric app saved NSS GH₵112m – Executive Director
- SOS Children’s Villages holds STEM exhibition fair for schools in Juaben
- Take up farming seriously instead of leaving it to the aged – Paramount Chief urges youth
- Mandela Washington Fellows tackle Climate Change through Sustainable Agricultural Practices