Ghanaian actress Jackie Appiah as part of her birthday celebration on Saturday 5th December 2020, refurbished the Child’s Ward of the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital.
Among many activities carried out by the Jackie Appiah Foundation, the actress rehabilitated the ward for children with sickle cell receiving temporary care which has been named Jackie’s Corner.
Speaking to JoyNews, the actress disclosed the motive behind her act was to celebrate a friend she lost to sickle cell illness in 2019.
Her wish is to see children with this disease to forget their pain while staying there.
Head of the Pediatric Sickle Cell Clinic at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital, Dr. Catherine Segbefia told JoyNews the idea of having a furnished ward has always been her vision.
The medical practitioner also added this will the lives of sickle cell patients easier and expressed her profound gratitude for the gesture.
- Gospel musician accuses police of killing her brother in a scuffle over cash
- South Africa calls on MTN, Ghana to resolve $773m tax dispute
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- Minority leadership rancour is a needless distraction – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Assault of Latif: Attorney General begs for time to pursue settlement talks
- Chicago prosecutor drops R Kelly’s sex-abuse charges
- Leicester City sign Ghanaian youngster Nathan Opoku
- Ghana places 72nd, stagnates in 2022 Corruption Perceptions Index
- Debt Exchange: NIC to suspend minimum capital requirements, CAR of insurance firms for 2 years
- International Needs Ghana commissions GH₵58K mechanical borehole at Nuaxorve
- NDC gives government 30 days to compensate victims of Ayawaso West Wuogon violence or…
- Stonebwoy talks Afrobeats, new album, Ghana’s popularity on The Breakfast Club
- Government rolls out National Rental Assistance Scheme to support low-income households
- Stonebwoy revisits VGMA brawl with Shatta Wale on The Breakfast Club
- Government commits GH¢30m into implementation of the National Rental Assistance Scheme
- Messi says World Cup trophy ‘called out’ to him
- UTAG-GIJ threatens to withdraw from UniMac merger
- Would you flirt with your boss for a salary increase?
- I implore industry players to get closer to Agya Koo Nimo – Kwabena Kwabena
- Trader jailed for causing harm to ‘Good Samaritan’
- You’re not alone – Kalybos mourns with Ahuofe Patri after her mum’s passing
- Otumfuo pledges to support Alan Kyerematen’s flagbearership bid with prayers
- Government’s challenges with new school curriculum due to improper planning – Selorm Branttie
- Statistical Service, Vodafone and Flowminder Foundation renew Data for Good partnership