The Ghana Stock Exchange (GSE) says its January 2023 performance reflected investor sentiments in the general macro-economic environment and the Domestic Debt Exchange Programme.
On the equities market, the GSE Composite and Financial Stock Indices recorded negative returns of 3.68%and 0.81% respectively.
According to its summary of January 2023 Market Activities, the GSE said thin trading resulted in a dip in the number of transactions to 1,249, a decline of 16.12% compared to the same period in 2022.
The top price gainers during the month under review were Benso Oil Palm (15.03%), NewGold ETF (11.66%) and Total Energies (1.50%).
On the fixed income market, the total volume traded was ¢10.09 billion, a decline from the ¢11.40 billion traded in the previous month.
The number of trades during the month was 51, 273 which was 5.05% more than the same period last year.
|JANUARY 2023||JANUARY 2022||% CHANGE|
|GSE-CI YTD change||-3.68%||-0.81%|
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- Harris’ visit should accelerate US-Ghana partnerships – Genser
- NDC’s ‘betrayal’ may have been the result of several factors – Dr. Seidu Alidu
- Taking pictures, videos of ballots was not a party directive – Murtala Mohammed
- NDC as a party did not fail Ghanaians – Kofi Adams
- There had been broad consultation, consensus to reject President’s ministerial nominees – Murtala Mohammed
- Israel Laryea is away “on loan” at Influencer Africa
- Patriotism won over partisanship – Annoh-Dompreh on approval of six ministerial nominees
- Playback: PM Express discuss NDCs betrayal
- Fight against galamsey will be won if Akufo-Addo loses power – Kwakye Ofosu
- People fail in life due to their mindset – Motivational speaker
- Become the voice of climate change reporting – Climate Change Fellows urged
- Destination Ghana Global Project announces This Is Africa Festival
- Kamala Harris features Black Sherif, Amaarae on Spotify playlist
- Kwaebibirem United FC to raise funds to support operation of the club
- 9-year-old Fotocopy makes history with two concerts in a day