Jerome Boateng’s ex-girlfriend has tragically been found dead – just a week after the couple announced they’d split up.
Kasia Lenhardt was found in her Berlin apartment on Tuesday by police, who are not treating her death as suspicious.
Per German publication BILD, a police statement reads: “Yesterday at around 8.30 p.m. there was a police operation in Charlottenburg on suspicion of suicide. A lifeless person was found in the home. There are no indications of third-party debt.”
The 25-year-old was in a relationship with Bayern Munich defender Boateng for 15 months.
Fellow model and friend Sara Kulka paid an tribute on Instagram.
She said: “Rest in peace. You wonderful person, I miss you and would have loved to say goodbye.
“I hope you find your peace now and I hope the truth comes out now, I know how much you wished it would.
“I will never forget you, I don’t know anyone who could laugh like you. I send a lot of strength to the family.”
Boateng confirmed the pair had split in a post earlier this month, stating: “As is known from the media, I ended the relationship with Kasia Lenhardt.
“We will go our separate ways from now on. That is regrettable, but for my family and for me it is the only right one.
“I I had to take this step and draw a line. I apologise to everyone I’ve hurt especially with my ex-girlfriend Rebecca and our children.
“I am disappointed in myself too. A man has to take responsibility and act in the interests of his family and I’m doing it now.
“I wish Kasia all the best. Jerome Boateng.”
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- Singer kicks fan for touching her inappropriately
- ‘The system has failed us again’ – Father of 12-year-old who died due to unavailability of ambulance service
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- Police await final report on 2-year-old boy sacrificed by father
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
Protect your rich cultural heritage – France Ambassador to Ghana tells Ghanaians
Naomi Campbell, 50, welcomes first child
Bright Philip Donkor: Ejura prison; The Church of Pentecost is a first class cooperate citizen
Residents of Abrokyire carry woman in labour on wooden door due to poor road
Amaliba withdraws as lawyer for Assin North MP
Good governance hinges on the rule of law – NCCE
10 year old boy dies after eating poisoned khebab meant for woman’s ex-lover
My uncle hired dummy National Security operatives to terrorise me – Man recounts
Ex-Doe and I got rich because of our beef – Rapper Chicago
6,000 university staff workers lay down tools
AABN donates 100 copies of entrepreneurship manual to DTI Community Innovation Business Community
EBID Grants $50m facility to Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited
I sing from the heart – Kofi Kinaata opens up on songwriting skills
AUDA-NEPAD and Ecobank Group partnership moves to finance phase under the 100,000 MSMEs Initiative
“Let’s make Accra work”: Regional Minister and AMA remove illegal structures and encroachers on Graphic Road