Nollywood actor, James Ikechukwu Esomugha, popularly known as Jim lyke, has been conferred with a chieftaincy title in Ghana.
His Royal Highness, the Eze of Ndigbo Ghana, Dr. Chukwudi Thenetu, bestowed upon Jim lyke the title “Ohadike 1 of Ndigbo”.
The coronation was held in Accra on Sunday, September 18, during the tenth Yam Festival.
The king of Igbos in Accra said the title was to recognise the actor for his achievements and contributions to the African entertainment industry and the Igbo people.
At the same event, Gospel musician Empress Gifty was installed chief in the Igbo community in Ghana.
The musician will now serve with the stool name Chief Ugonma Empress Gifty.
Empress Gifty, following the coronation, expressed gratitude to the King and the people of the Igbo Community in Ghana and pledged commitment to work for the growth of the African continent at large.
“I am more than thrilled to be part of history as the Igbo Community in Ghana marks its 10th anniversary on the throne today. This honour by extension would deepen the cultural and economic ties between Ghana and Nigeria. For this reason, I would avail myself for this cause, because we stand to gain a lot by working together as Africans,” she acknowledged.
- Asantehene insists chiefs cannot be blamed for galamsey activities
- ‘My husband either reaches Europe or dies at sea’
- PBC Ltd CEO, Richard Akuoko Adiyiah dead
- ‘The empty headedness of the youth was good enough to vote you into power’ – Senyo Hosi to KT Hammond
- The activities of Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm are illegal – John Jinapor
- Burkina Faso unrest: Military officers remove leader Damiba
- We do not deploy soldiers to provide security for mining firms – Armed Forces
- Galamsey fight: DCEs must get fired – John Awuah
- There is evidence to show some NPP top officials are into illegal mining – John Jinapor
- King Charles and late Queen will both feature on new 50p coins
- Livestream: 7th EMY Africa Awards on Joy Prime
- Patrons at Luv Fm Habitat Fair impressed with quality of event
- Count On Crops Hub equips 32 Agric Extension Officers with data collection skills
- Government fails to announce new farmgate price for cocoa despite start of season
- 2023 CHAN: Black Galaxies face Morocco, Madagascar and Sudan in Group C
- Fight against galamsey must be above partisan politics – Samuel Jinapor
- Customers can purchase electricity credits from Oct. 2 – ECG
- Arsenal beat Tottenham to go four points clear
- Aubameyang scores as Potter gets first Chelsea win
- Faisal Chibsah: From starting coaching career as volunteer to heading FIFA High-Performance specialist role for Africa
- Genser deal: We’re developing a Trojan horse to cannibalise all state enterprises in the energy sector – Ben Boakye
- Policymakers must ensure Ghana does not return to current economic situation – Dr. Twumasi-Baffuor
- Let the public know your innovations – Dr. Addo Kufuor charges tertiary institutions
- Over 1000 shops flooded at Kumasi Central Market; traders blame Contracta for the mess
- Orange Corners Ghana celebrates graduation of 45 entrepreneurs