Your most credible news source, JoyNews has been commended for its efforts in sensitizing the public on the novel coronavirus since the outbreak in the country.
A Covid-19 ICU Team leader, ECHN, Dr Samuel Amoakohene observed the station’s consistency in convening experts to discuss the situation has gone a long way in educating the populace.
“I think what Joy is doing right now is incredible for the average Ghanaian, because you bringing quite a bit of brainpower together, resources together.”
“You can see the different ideas that when we come together and put our heads together, how great we can be,” he said Wednesday.
The ICU team leader, speaking on PM: Express, noted that the negative attitude from people with regards to a vaccine is due to the lack of extensive education.
He said the numerous doubts and questions about the Covid-19 vaccines is vital as it took less than a year to come up with one.
“They are asking these question not because they are not intelligent enough, not because they are not smart enough.”
“Genuinely, vaccines take years, so how come this took months, now you expect us to just take it and assume that it was well prepared.”
He said there is a need to demystify the whole idea of why one needs to use the emergency authorization, “because to be able to produce a vaccine generally take about eight to ten years.”
He observed Ghana have never had a situation “where billions of US Dollars or Pounds Telling has been dedicated and all we did was just humping up and work and work and works.”
- Capital bank case: Court rejects terms of settlement between state and Ato Essien
- Individuals without Ghana Card exempted from ongoing SIM deactivation – NCA
- US singer Jake Flint dies hours after wedding
- Our economy will possibly go into recession – Banking Consultant
- How a girl died because of a Christmas ‘sugar daddy’
- Man and mistress involved in accident while chasing wife and her lover
- Boxing referee admits he cheated for Manny Pacquiao during win in 2000
- Martin Kpebu commends Judge for rejecting Ato Essien’s settlement with state
- Qatar 2022: I am playing to the instructions of the head coach – Thomas Partey
- Government frustrated over Organised Labour’s rejection of 18% salary increment
- ADB Plc appoints Alhassan Yakubu-Tali as Managing Director
- Rev. Obed Danquah: Agriculture, whose business?
- NACOC officials seize US$1.4m worth of suspected narcotic drugs
- Petrol tanker accident: Residents scramble for fuel
- ‘Squid Game’ actor indicted over indecent assault charges
- We’ve not imposed levies on luxury vehicles -GRA
- Don’t pass expenditure lines in 2023 Budget – Tax Justice to Parliament
- NHIS to provide funding support for children with kidney disease – Bawumia
- Australia parliament rape retrial abandoned
- Kudus Mohammed: The heart of a Black Star
- Keta Investment Promotion Center lauds farmers for immense contribution to economy
- Harriette Amissah-Arthur is Female Energy Personality of the Year
- Let’s manufacture Dialysate in Ghana to bring down dialysis cost – Bawumia
- GSE, Young Investors Network organise Capital Market Quiz for 2nd cycle schools
- Manhyia hospital nurses embark on indefinite strike action over NSS director’s abuse