Audio By Carbonatix
President John Dramani Mahama has announced that the government will extend the Kasoa-Winneba Road dualisation project to Cape Coast.
The former Minister of Roads and Highways had earlier performed the sod-cutting ceremony to commence the $180 million dual carriageway project along the Kasoa-Winneba highway.
The 30-kilometer road was expected to ease traffic congestion, facilitate the movement of goods and services, and boost trade.
Speaking in Cape Coast during his thank-you visit to the Central Region, President Mahama affirmed plans to extend the project to Cape Coast.
“While phase one is ongoing, phase two and phase three will be packaged and funded under our Big Push programme,” the President said.
“The second phase of this project will be from Winneba roundabout to the Mankessim roundabout, and the third phase will be from Mankessim to Cape Coast,” he said.
He added that the government had also targeted other significant road projects, including the Yamoransa to Twifo Praso road and the Cape Coast to Twifo Praso road.
Additionally, President Mahama announced plans to modernize the Mankessim market as part of the NDC’s market enhancement programme.
Latest Stories
-
GFD condemns BOGISS over disciplinary action against 14-year-old allegedly abused by watchmen
9 minutes -
Exhibitors showcase housing solutions at JoyNews Republic Bank Habitat Fair at Achimota Mall
10 minutes -
Dr. Bawumia reiterates call for inclusion and unity at meeting with new Savannah and Western regional NPP executives
15 minutes -
I’ll consider review — Oppong Nkrumah hints at next move after Supreme Court dismisses injunction
39 minutes -
Bodies of two hikers missing for decades found after Swiss glacier melts
55 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: North East Region denied one-eighth stage as Kumasi High kicks out Nalerigu
59 minutes -
Useless Column: ‘Weytin do Akosua?’
1 hour -
Context Matters: Understanding the Tony Elumelu First-Name Debate – Afanyi Dadzie writes
1 hour -
Microwaving is safe, but minimise aluminium foil use – Food Scientist advices
1 hour -
Supreme Court clears way for legal vacation criminal trials, dismisses Oppong Nkrumah’s injunction bid
1 hour -
Restaurant portions, surplus food worsening Ghana’s food waste problem — Food Scientist
2 hours -
NPP extends 2026 National Officers Elections filing deadline to August 29
2 hours -
NDC has not shown it can manage power sector effectively — Fiifi Boafo
2 hours -
Ghana secured US$2.6bn FDIs in 2025 – GIPC Report
2 hours -
GRIDCo restores power nationwide after August 20 blackout, says grid strengthening measures ongoing
2 hours