Two medical staff of the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital have tested positive for the novel coronavirus.
The doctor and nurse, work at the Medicine Department and Child Health Department, respectively.
The Chief Executive Officer of the facility, Daniel Asare, described the incident as unfortunate but said it was predictable.
He told JoyNews in an interview that since health workers are currently the ‘soldiers’ of the war against the Covid-19 pandemic, some staff will be infected, adding that “we only pray they all get better and join us soon.”
He was also optimistic that government’s promise to provide Personal Protective Equipment (PPEs) for frontline workers will be delivered to prevent further casualties in the line of duty.
He said, the facility has initiated processes to identify people who might have come in contact with the two staff who tested positive for Covid- 19.
This he noted, will ensure that the spread pandemic in the country is effectively contained.
“We are currently testing all the staff that came in contact with the patients in their various departments and put them under surveillance.
“We won’t end there, their various households will also be tested as protocol demands to make sure that everyone is safe,” he stated.
- She circulated my nudes because I refused to break up with ‘our’ boyfriend
- Saglemi Scandal: How the same consultancy service was allegedly awarded 3 times for $13m
- Saglemi scandal: Funds were not directly given to me, they were spent by Finance Ministry – Collins Dauda
- Ghana will not default in repaying debt; but classified as highly debt distress country – IMF
- Police Constable allegedly murdered in cold blood by boyfriend in Damongo
- University of Ghana students bear brunt as UTAG strike kicks in
- Anti-LGBTQ+ Bill: Ghana treading on slippery slope, I doubt Akufo-Addo will assent to it – H. Kwasi Prempeh
- Alleged $5m CJ bribe: Ogyeedom’s lawyer drags GLC to Court
- ECG on warpath with GRIDCo over its decision to sell power for industrial use
- Actor, Jay Pickett dies on set
Western Region Forestry Commission announces ‘closed season’ for hunting
Many cocoa farmers can’t afford new farming techniques – Research
Policewoman stabbed to death at Damongo
‘Be creative and innovative as you enter the job market’ – Bono East Minister to NSS personnel
Tokyo 2020: Youth and Sports Minister announces package for Team Ghana
EduSpots to distribute 28,000 books across 40 communities in 15 regions
Tema to host Masquerade Carnival in December
Investigate vandalism at Bogoso Prestea Mines – Wassa East MP
Bill and Melinda Gates finalize their divorce
2021 Census: 99% of households counted, exercise ends August 8
Sunyani Traditional Council enstools Nana Akosua Dua Asor Brayie II as Paramount Queen-mother
Election-related expenditure reason for high debt, not Covid-19 – Felix Kwakye Ofosu
Shirley Frimpong-Manso tells the Ghanaian love story with her first telenovela, Dede
Filing an appeal isn’t stay of execution, you can’t hold yourself as MP – Nana Boakye tells Gyaakye Quayson
Tokyo 2020: Three things that will motivate Takyi for gold