The Kwahu Afram Plains North District Assembly has supported 51 Persons with Disability (PWDs) with items worth GH¢90,000.00 to improve their economic activities and livelihoods.
The items include fridges, fishing nets, irrigation machines, electric sewing machines and industrial machines.
The District Chief Executive (DCE) for the area, Mr Samuel Kena, who presented the items at a ceremony at Donkorkrom, thanked President Akufo-Addo for honouring his campaign promise of increasing the Disability Fund component of the District Assembly Common Fund (DACF) from two to three per cent.
He said the move was to empower the beneficiaries economically to get them out of the street as beggars.
He entreated them to use the items productively as there would be regular monitoring.
The DCE noted that some beneficiaries of such support from the Assembly do sell the items and come back to the streets to beg.
He cautioned them to desist from the practice to ensure continued support from the government.
Some of the beneficiaries who spoke to the Ghana News Agency lauded the government for the support and promised to use the items to improve their lives.
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Presidents must have courage to reshuffle their ministers – Kufuor
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- Morocco King congratulates national team for historic qualification to World Cup quarterfinals
- Indonesia’s new sex laws and what they could mean for tourism
- Akufo-Addo commissions road bridge at Afienya
- e-Crime Bureau awarded for a decade of impact in cyber security
- People envy my wealth – Nigerian presidential hopeful Tinubu
- Felicia Osei: Why Ebo Whyte’s latest play, “Husband Material” is a must watch
- Tinubu criticised after facing questions in London
- Spain’s former King Juan Carlos wins partial immunity in ex-lover case
- Cristina Fernández: Argentina vice-president found guilty of corruption
- Tema residents to experience 48-hour disruption in water supply
- Cyril Ramaphosa: How Arthur Fraser landed South Africa’s president in trouble
- PM Express Analysis: Paying more for Water & Electricity – A conversation with PURC Executive Secretary
- 2022 FIFA WC: Morocco takes charge of the African challenge after dumping Spain
- Public servants are justified in asking for increase in salaries – Minority Leader
- Police secures court remand for three persons involved in gold scam and robbery