Legendary music producer, Jeff Quaye, popularly known as JAY-Q, disclosed that ace broadcaster, Kwame Sefa-Kayi is the influence behind Dr. Poh’s song “Na Who Cause Am”.
He made this revelation on The Library show with Andy Dosty on Hitz FM.
Speaking on how the song came about, the producer said, “I was then living in Tema and was on my way to the studio. Driving on the motorway, and I was listening to Kwame Sefa-Kayi, and I think it was the morning show on Peace FM, I think there was an issue, I think some money was missing and nobody was trying to own up as the culprit.
“So Kwame Sefa-Kayi on the show went like, so ‘Na Who Cause Am?’ and that really hit me hard. By the time I got to the studio from Tema, I had already done the chorus,” he continued.
He went further to state that he’s the one who produces all his songs.
“Production wise, I’m the one who produces all my songs,” he noted.
Having worked with the likes of Castro, Mzbel, Buk Bak just to mention few, one cannot talk about Hiplife music in Ghana without mentioning JAY-Q, as he has contributed his quota in helping the genre grow in Ghana and beyond.
The Library is a show designed to tell stories of music producers and their journey through the music scene and it airs every Friday from 10 a.m. 12 p.m. on Hitz FM.
- West Hills Mall death: Shop manager remanded
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group