A former Local Government Minister has accused the Vice President of politicising the coronavirus pandemic.
Prof Kwamena Ahwoi said Dr Mahamudu Bawumia comparing the crisis whose cost is calculated in loss of human lives with a crisis whose cost is calculated in loss of material production is worrying.
The Local Government expert and other bigwigs of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) have questioned the Vice President’s comparison of the Mahama administration’s management of the power crisis to the Akufo-Addo government’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic.
At a briefing on Monday, the Vice President touted government’s management of pandemic, which he described as an external crisis, and accused the Mahama administration of poorly handling the power outages, which he described as an internal crisis.
But in a quick rebuttal on his Facebook page, Prof Ahwoi criticised Dr Bawumia for comparing “a crisis whose cost is calculated in loss of human lives with a crisis whose cost is calculated in loss of material production”.
He said, “We are in the middle of a crisis. We don’t know how it is going [to] end. Yet, you are comparing it with a crisis that was managed and resolved more than four years ago.”
He accused Dr Bawumia of politicising the pandemic, describing it as “a terrible political judgment”.
- I feared for my life so I lied about being an Ewe – Caleb Kudah
- Citi FM journalist gained access to National Security premises under false pretences – Chief Director
- Affail Monney apologises for alleging Caleb Kudah breached Code of Ethics
- Information Minister visits Citi FM over alleged assault on 2 of its journalists
- Dzata Cement denies claims of selling product at ¢30 per bag
- GPL wrap: Kotoko extend gap at top after Olympics surrender lead
- Ordering loophole allows students to eat for free at KFC for six months
- Zoe Abu-Baidoo declined our invitation – National Security defends ‘Rambo-style’ invasion of Citi FM premises
- Assin North MP’s case: Cape Coast High Court dismisses allegation of bias against presiding judge
- Caleb Kudah didn’t breach Code of Ethics – GJA General Secretary
Akufo-Addo opens talks with transport operators over plans to increase fares
Brian Dzansi: Why Ghana needs an Innovation and Startup Act
GIBA joins calls for independent inquiry on Citi FM journalists’ alleged assault
Accounts of how some people are treated by National Security shocking – Samson Lardi
Stop showing local feature films on TV – Filmmakers told
NCCE sensitizes security services on constitutional obligations
Kwabre East MP commends Muslim for peaceful co-existence
Evangelist slapped with ¢100K fine, 25 white fowls, eggs over comments against Nungua Traditional Council
Mere apology cannot save GJA President this time around – ASEPA
Lack of external support hinders progress of ODF interventions in Ashanti Region
Woman attacked by wild antelope succumbs to death
Kojo Adaah: Is the Ghanaian politician under siege?
Complaints by aggrieved KATH staff have been resolved – Head of Surgery Directorate
Be firm in your stance to settle Dixcove dispute – Chieftaincy Minister urges Ahanta King
Ban use of mercury in small-scale mining – Asantehene