Medical Laboratory practitioners in the country have been awarded for their support to the medical profession, especially in the fight against the Covid-19 pandemic.
About 21 laboratories were awarded at the maiden edition of the Ghana Medical Laboratory Awards over the weekend.
The Korlu-bu Teaching Hospital won the Best Public Health Medical Laboratory Centre, Food and Drugs Authority (FDA) won the Best Public Health Laboratory Centre with MDS Lancet winning the Laboratory Center of the Decade.
The Chief Executive Officer of FDA, Mimi Delese Darko was adjudged the Chief Executive Officer of the Year.
The awards was under the auspices of Afrimeia Galaxy in collaboration with the Health Faculties Regulatory Agency (HEFRA).
Speaking at the event, the Chief Executive Officer of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS), Bernard Okoe Boye commended the medical laboratory practitioners for the role they played in the fight against Covid-19.
“Without medical laboratory practitioners, we will be in hot waters, especially in the fight against Covid-19” he stressed.
The NHIS boss also charged them to uphold integrity in the discharge of their duties and also upgrade themselves to meet international standards.
Dr Okoe Boye also commended Afrimedia Galaxy, organisers of the awards for recognizing the hard work of medical laboratory practitioners in the country.
Acting Director of the Institutional Care Division of the Ghana Health Service (GHS), Dr Lawrence Ofori-Boadu said they acknowledge medical laboratory practitioners in the country contrary to claims that, they have been relegated to the background.
This, he said is because medical laboratory practitioners are very important players in the health sector.
Dr Ofori-Boadu thanked them for “standing tall” in Ghana’s fight against the dreaded Covid-19 pandemic.
For his part, Executive Director of Afrimedia Galaxy, Joseph Egyir Sarfo said they were motivated by the pivotal role played by medical laboratory practitioners in the health sector
“Without the diagnosis of medical laboratory practitioners, doctors cannot do anything hence the need to appreciate and recognize their good works”.
Mr Egyir Sarfo said they awarded only 21 people due to resource constraints but is hoping to get more sponsorship to expand it in subsequence years.
Below are the winners
- G2 MEDICAL LAB SERVICES – MOST PROMISING LAB OF THE YEAR
- PARADISE DIAGNOSTIC CENTRE – FASTEST GROWING LABORATORY CENTRE OF THE YEAR
- IMPACT MEDICAL &LABORATORY CENTRE – UROLOGY LABORATORY OF THE YEAR
- ALABASTER LABORATORY CENTER – Fastest SARS- COV 2 LAB OF THE YEAR
- MDS-LANCET LABORATORY – BEST TECHNOLOGY LABORATORY OF THE YEAR
- RIDGE MEDICAL CENTER – PROMISING LABORATORY CENTRE OF THE YEAR
- KORLE-BU TEACHING HOSPITAL – BEST PUBLIC MEDICAL LABORATORY CENTER OF THE YEAR
- ALMA MEDICAL LABORATORY CENTER – CALIBRATION LABORATORY CENTER OF THE YEAR
- FOODS AND DRUGS AUTHORITY – BEST PUBLIC HEALTH LABORATORY CENTER OF THE YEAR
- EURACARE GHANA – MOST ADVANCED DIAGNOSTIC LABORATORY CENTRE OF THE YEAR
- HOLY TRINITY HOSPITAL – BESLABORATORY HOSPITAL LABORATORY CENTER OF THE YEAR
- METROPOLIS HEALTHCARE GHANA LIMITED – BEST PATHOLOGY LABORATORY CENTER OF THE YEAR
- BD WEST AFRICA – MEDICAL LABORATORY EQUIPMENT SUPPLY COMPANY OF THE YEAR
- SYSMEX WEST AFRICA – MOST ADVANCED LABORATORY EQUIPMENTS COMPANY OF THE YEAR
- SUNSHINE HEALTHCARE LTD – MOST EQUIPED LABORATORY CENTRE OF THE YEAR
- NOGUCHI MEMORIAL INSTITUTE FOR MEDICAL RESEARCH – BEST RESEARCH LABORATORY CENTER THE YEAR
- NOSMAY ENTERPRISE – BEST LABORATORY SOFTWARE COMPANY OF THE YEAR
- MDS-LANCET LABORATORY – LABORATORY CENTRE OF THE DECADE
- DELESE MIMI DARKO – C. E.O OF THE YEAR
- DR. PHILIP BANNOR – LABORATORY PERSONALITY OF THE YEAR
- SYNLAB GHANA LIMITED – BEST LABORATORY CENTER OF THE YEAR
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Presidents must have courage to reshuffle their ministers – Kufuor
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Debt Exchange: Do not touch our pensions – TUC warns government
- Government has not demonstrated ‘we are in this together’ anthem – Titus Beyuo
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- Livestream: PM Express discusses African teams’ performance in 2022 World Cup
- Let’s collaborate to strengthen bargaining position on gold pricing – Lands Minister to South African delegation
- Economic Management Team has failed us miserably – Mona Quartey
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Don’t criticise people who give thanks to God! — Bishop Saah warns
- Immediately exempt pension funds from debt exchange programme – GMA tells government
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- GSTEP team transforming plastic wastes into plastic houses
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Virologist alarmed over typhoid drug resistance; says vaccine is needed
- 2022 World Cup: Morocco beat Spain on penalties to book quarterfinal spot
- Transforming women health leadership for improved health outcomes
- Not one pesewa of pension funds will be lost to Debt Restructuring Programme – TUC