Actor Majid Michel has revealed he was arrested by the Police many years ago for overspeeding.
Giving an account of his arrest on Adom TV’s Ahosepe Xtra, Majid disclosed that he and his friends were racing against each other.
According to him, when they got to the Nkrumah Circle, he sped passed a red light because he could not stop considering the speed he was driving.
Majid Michel said when the Police officer caught up with him and his friends on his bike, he stopped them.
Knowing he was guilty, the actor said he did not argue with the cop.
He added that the officer handed them a note with the inscription “see me in court,” indicating the date for the meeting.
However, when he showed up in court, he did not initially plead guilty, adding he only did so later at the advice of one of his friends.
He was then fined by the Cocoa Affairs Court in Accra.
About a month ago, the actor was arrested and interrogated, by the Narcotic Control Commission, after talking about his experience with drugs and marijuana in an interview on Asaase Radio.
Majid Michel noted that the Commission has explained to him his arrest was to ascertain whether he still used or dealt drugs.
He stated that “if they catch you with even one roll of weed in your house, the house would be confiscated. So they educated me a lot.”
- Peter Nanfuri’s name will be written in gold in Ghana’s history – Akufo-Addo eulogizes former IGP
- Social media reacts to Bawumia’s ‘One student, One laptop’ announcement
- NPP group in Ashanti angry with Napo over his ‘anti-party’ comments
- Playback: Akufo-Addo addressed Ghanaians on Covid-19, IMF
- ‘This too has passed’ – Akufo-Addo on Covid-19 pandemic
- Stop insulting citizens if you want to be president again – Nana Akomea tells Mahama
- IMF bailout won’t immediately end Ghana’s difficulties – Akufo-Addo
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- Don’t join NPP if you don’t believe in ‘Development in freedom’ motto – Pianim
- Independent Power Producers threaten to cut power supply by June 30
- NPP flagbearership race: Supporters pick form for Dr Afriyie Akoto
- Yamoah Cadman wraps up 2023 NCAA-II outdoor season as All-American, other Ghanaians impress
- UBA Ghana shares its rich culture on Africa Day
- Ghana records 1,462 Covid-19 related deaths in three years
- Ken Addy worried live musical instruments will fade out
- Barca legends Alba, Busquets bid emotional farewell to Camp Nou
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Edem Agbana commends Adentan and Ring-Road Central Rotaract clubs for their donation to Tadzewu M/A Basic School
- Ashanti Region Super Zonals: OKESS and St. Louis triumph as T.I Ahmadiyya lose top spots
- Fitch Solutions maintains 2.9% growth rate forecast for Ghana 2023
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- Review of flagship programmes: Let’s not touch Free SHS – Kwame Pianim
- Joseph Paintsil scores brace as Genk cruise past Club Brugge
- Turkish election victory for Erdogan leaves nation divided
- Lawrence Agyekum & Forson Amankwah win Austrian league title with Red Bull Salzburg