Actor Majid Michel has revealed he was arrested by the Police many years ago for overspeeding.
Giving an account of his arrest on Adom TV’s Ahosepe Xtra, Majid disclosed that he and his friends were racing against each other.
According to him, when they got to the Nkrumah Circle, he sped passed a red light because he could not stop considering the speed he was driving.
Majid Michel said when the Police officer caught up with him and his friends on his bike, he stopped them.
Knowing he was guilty, the actor said he did not argue with the cop.
He added that the officer handed them a note with the inscription “see me in court,” indicating the date for the meeting.
However, when he showed up in court, he did not initially plead guilty, adding he only did so later at the advice of one of his friends.
He was then fined by the Cocoa Affairs Court in Accra.
About a month ago, the actor was arrested and interrogated, by the Narcotic Control Commission, after talking about his experience with drugs and marijuana in an interview on Asaase Radio.
Majid Michel noted that the Commission has explained to him his arrest was to ascertain whether he still used or dealt drugs.
He stated that “if they catch you with even one roll of weed in your house, the house would be confiscated. So they educated me a lot.”
- Accra floods twice in four days after another downpour
- Photos: Part of Accra-Tema Beach Road caves in after Monday night rains
- Sir John did not declare his assets
- Be circumspect about Sir John’s will; none of us will live to be stones – Former Aide
- ‘Deem Sir John’s alleged land ownership at Achimota Forest, Ramsar Site void’ – Jinapor directs Lands, Forestry Commissions
- Psalm Adjeteyfio to be buried on June 4
- Lands Commission flood: Your land documents are intact – Deputy Lands Minister assures
- 16-year-old girl stabbed to death in a fight over alleged boyfriend
- Man arrested for trying to cut off taxi driver’s genitals
- Photos: Floods cause severe damage to parts of Accra
South Africans in shock over death of ‘Rhythm City’ actor Jamie Bartlett
Patapaa’s marriage to German wife, Liha Miller, reportedly hits rocks
I want to marry urgently — Actress Eucharia Anunobi
Lands Minister, Forestry Commission must appear before Parliament over Achimota Forest controversy – Alhassan Suhuyini
Francis Amuzu reveals why he would play for Belgium ahead of Ghana
OccupyGhana demands Commission of Inquiry into return of State lands to pre-acquisition owners
Landslide scare hits residents around Weija-Kasoa ridge
Special Prosecutor charges failed Juaben MCE nominee with 26 counts of corruption
Lack of law enforcement to blame for poor planning, land use by local assemblies – Legal Practitioner
Mayor of New York to support Ghana’s tourism drive
Actor Jamie Bartlett dies aged 55
Adwoa Safo expected to appear before Privileges Committee on May 27
‘A trustee is not allowed to own the trust property’ – Martin Kpebu on Sir John’s acquisition of parts of Achimota Forest
Let’s deal with illegitimate financial transactions in Africa – Akufo-Addo
Accra Floods: Kaneshie Polyclinic shuts down after severe downpour