Audio By Carbonatix
The Deputy National Youth Organizer of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Edem Agbana has expressed worry about the conduct of the Majority in Parliament.
According to him, the New Patriotic Party (NPP) legislators must not be taken seriously any longer.
He said this with regard to the MPs’ walk-out staged during the censure vote in the House to remove the Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta.
"I am extremely disappointed that the majority in parliament decided to stage a walkout, what they did last week was petty, very ridiculous and makes a mockery of their own position on the Finance Minister," he said.
Mr Agbana was speaking on Joy Prime's Prime Morning on Monday, December 12.
On October 25, about 80 out of the 137 Majority MPs demanded the sacking of the Minister of Finance, Ken Ofori-Atta, and the Minister of State at the Finance Ministry, Charles Adu-Boahen citing their poor management of the country’s fiscal space.
After the meeting with President Akufo-Addo, the MPs in a U-turn later acceded to the President’s appeal to allow Ken Ofori-Atta and Charles Adu-Boahen to stay in office till after the IMF deal is sorted out and the 2023 Budget is presented to Parliament.
But the NPP MPs walked out when the matter was brought to the floor for a vote after a committee has deliberated on the proposition.
Though all 136 Minority MPs stayed behind to vote, it was not enough since the legislators who participated were not enough to form a quorum.
This is why Edem Agbana does not believe the government is committed to the country's welfare.
"When you were needed most you decided to walk out because you did not want to be part of the process to get him out. It makes the 95 look completely ridiculous, they appear as jokers and Parliament on their side can't be tale serious any longer," he added.
Latest Stories
-
NSMQ 2026: Yaa Asantewaa Girls’ going ‘beck’ to Tanoso after Bishop Herman deals them early exit
4 minutes -
Data Protection Commission acquires two vehicles to strengthen data protection enforcement
14 minutes -
NSMQ 2026: Holy Child School storms back from two-year NSMQ absence to book One-Eighth ticket
2 hours -
GNFS dismisses reports of unpaid 2025 rent allowance
3 hours -
Gordon Asare-Bediako steps down from NPP Communications Director race, backs Dennis Aboagye
3 hours -
GES dismisses requirement for newly promoted teachers to submit documents for salary adjustments
3 hours -
Meko Bono 2026: Vice President pledges agricultural revival as Atebubu hosts grand homecoming
4 hours -
Russian skydiver Sergey Boytcov sets world record with 11,551-metre stratosphere jump
4 hours -
Ablakwa-led committee submits five reports to Mahama ahead of 2027 AU chairmanship
4 hours -
Africa not seeking Western cash in reparations campaign – Ablakwa
5 hours -
Production decline, reserve depletion threaten Ghana’s upstream sector – Jinapor
5 hours -
Surveyors caution against treating compensation disputes as professional misconduct
5 hours -
Mahama calls for AU dialogue on migration after South Africa xenophobic tensions
5 hours -
I haven’t experienced any envy in the gospel music industry — Ohemaa Mercy
6 hours -
Prayer does not solve everything — Ohemaa Mercy
6 hours