Malaria cases have reduced at the Akatsi South District in the Volta Region owing to malaria vaccination exercise being carried out for children under five years.
According to the District Health Director, Dr George Nyarko, it is a big relief to the directorate knowing that fewer cases would be handled at the health centres especially cases involving children.
“Even though the reduction is not so huge, we are happy that there is still an improvement in the drop of malaria cases,” he said.
He noted that with the introduction of the vaccine programme as well as intensive education on malaria and the need to always use treated mosquitoe nets, cases in children especially have dropped.
He, therefore, encouraged parents who are yet to have their wards vaccinated to do so as early as possible.
“I urge our mothers to do the right thing by taking their young children for malaria vaccination to protect them against malaria,” Dr George Nyarko advised.
District Health Information Officer, Fredrick Amankwah also disclosed that health personnel have been embarking on door to door campaigns in the locality for residents to practice personal hygiene.
Some parents who spoke to JoyNews lauded the inititatives taken by the health institution to combat malaria.
They stated that sleeping in the mosquito nets at night could to unbearable, however, their priority is to ensure the safety of their wards.
“We don’t feel comfortable sometimes when we use the mosquito net but we have no choice but to use it for the sake of our children,” a mother of two said.
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Kwabena Agyepong welcomed back to NPP after 6 years suspension
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Manu, who delayed Ghana’s 4x100m baton, had never received one – Coach
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
Pupils travel 3 hours barefoot on muddy road to school in Accra
Military not harassing legal miners – Dominic Nitiwul
2021 Wolves Cup to be launched on Wednesday
Israel: Hamas launches rocket attack on Tel Aviv
Military taskforce deployed to fight illegal mining facing local resistance – Defense Minister
Manchester City win Premier League title after Manchester United lose to Leicester
Soyuncu’s header gives Leicester win at Man Utd to hand Man City title
3 communities in Krachi East Municipality calls on government for portable water
3 police officers, others remanded for alleged secret burial
Decision to reinstate Kwabena Agyepong was unanimous – Freddie Blay
Military fight illegal miners in ‘Operation Halt’
One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
Ashanti Region: Fire kills eight in first quarter of 2021