Manchester United took a big step towards the Europa League semi-finals with an away win over Granada in the first leg of their last-eight tie.
Marcus Rashford put United ahead when he superbly collected Victor Lindelof’s long pass and slid a finish past home goalkeeper Rui Silva.
Yangel Herrera, on loan from Manchester City, hit the outside of the post for the Spanish side and ex-Tottenham striker Roberto Soldado also fired wide.
United doubled their lead late on when Bruno Fernandes squeezed a penalty past Silva after Yan Brice fouled the Portuguese midfielder.
The second leg is at Old Trafford in a week’s time with the aggregate winners advancing to a semi-final against either Ajax or Roma, with the Italian side leading that tie 2-1 after the first leg in the Netherlands.
United have now only lost one of their past 17 matches in all competitions, but will be without midfielder Scott McTominay, left-back Luke Shaw and central defender Harry Maguire for the second leg as they will all be suspended after picking up bookings in Spain.
- Kasoa murder: Spiritualist is a nursing mother of a 2-week-old baby – Police
- Prince Philip has died aged 99, Buckingham Palace announces
- Rapper DMX has died at age 50
- There’s no such thing as ‘spiritual money-doubling’ – Kwaku Bonsam warns
- Over 300 workers of Aviation Handling Services sent home
- Streetism in Ghana is a lucrative business where beggars are trained – PhD student at UG
- Father allegedly burns his 3-year-old baby for disrespecting him
- JoyFM’s Doreen Andoh shares how series of unfortunate events led her into broadcasting
- Men passing romantic comments about women at work is sexual violence – Lawyer
- I only request animal sacrifices to solve problems, not human parts – Kwaku Bonsam
Prince Philip: World leaders and royals send heartfelt sympathy
Prince Philip: Royal fans in Harry and Meghan’s US home town hope rifts can be smoothed over following duke’s death
Africa hit with delays in AstraZeneca vaccine supplies
Passengers burnt alive in DR Congo bus crash
Managing Director of Tesah Capital urges Ghanaians to cultivate habit of investment
Mitigate investments risks, ask questions of fund managers – Dr Elikplimi Agbloyor advises investors
BBC flooded with complaints over Prince Philip coverage
Kwame Pianim urges young people to invest in financial markets
Livestream: Newsfile focuses on new Land Act
Guinness Ghana champions ‘Progressive Portrayal’ of women in media, advertising and entertainment industry
Philip was a natural leader but always fulfilled his sense of duty, friend says
Prince Philip: Gun salutes planned across UK after Duke of Edinburgh dies aged 99
Take Covid-19 seriously – WHO warns Ghanaians again
We don’t need new laws, we need enforcement – Adjei Dwomoh on ‘get rich’ schemes
Pragmatic steps needed to advance professional development of female teachers