Moises Caicedo made a “mistake” in asking to leave Brighton, says manager Roberto de Zerbi.
The 21-year-old Ecuador midfielder told Brighton in an open letter he wanted a transfer after bids from both Arsenal and Chelsea.
Caicedo was told by the club to take time off until after Tuesday’s transfer deadline, meaning he was absent from Sunday’s FA Cup tie with Liverpool.
“We hope he stays with us until the end of the season,” de Zerbi told ITV.
Caicedo has made 26 appearances for Brighton in the Premier League, scoring twice, and is under contract until 2025.
The Seagulls have turned down a £60m bid from league leaders Arsenal for him, and also reportedly rejected an earlier £55m offer by Chelsea.
“In life you can make mistakes,” de Zerbi said before his side’s meeting with Liverpool.
“For everyone, there are many solutions. We will see the best solution for him and for us.”
Brighton are sixth in the Premier League, five points behind fifth-placed Tottenham, but with two games in hand on Antonio Conte’s side.
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi
- I have already won Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC primaries – Fred Nuamah
- Livestream: One-one-on with Managing Director of ECG on PM Express
- EC has become an annex of the NPP – Sammy Gyamfi
- If you move right, you don’t need 10 shows to be okay – Kelvyn Boy
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- 3 JoyNews journalists win big at Merck Foundation 2022 Media Recognition Awards
- I want to be President to build a new Ghana –Kwaku Kobeah
- Essence of marketing is creation of strong brands – Nsarkoh
- Christiana Awuni explains why ‘slay queens’ can’t quit having body enhancement surgeries
- Spend wisely, desist from expensive borrowing – GSE boss to government
- GOIL supports Appiatse Disaster Fund
- Headmasters can’t stop students from reporting to school over prospectus – Education Minister tells parents
- It’s been an insightful experience – Funke Akindele breaks silence after losing elections