On the occasion of the Moroccan-Spanish High Level Meeting (HLM) in Rabat on February 1 and 2, King Mohamed VI had a telephone conversation with Spanish President, Pedro Sanchez.
During this warm conversation, the King welcomed the evolution, in consultation, trust and mutual respect, of the new phase of the bilateral partnership since the Meeting of April 7, 2022, between the sovereign and the Spanish President.
The commitments contained in the joint statement adopted on that occasion have been substantially implemented.
It is in this context that the King welcomed the holding in Rabat of the 12th session of the Moroccan-Spanish High Level Meeting, eight years after the last session of this institutional mechanism.
In order to strengthen this positive dynamic in the excellent bilateral strategic partnership, the King has invited the Head of the Spanish Government to pay an official visit to Morocco, very soon.
“This visit will be an opportunity to further strengthen bilateral relations, through concrete actions marked by efficiency, and tangible projects in strategic areas of common interest”.
With this important meeting, the two countries entered a historic moment of cooperation which will certainly be strengthened by the next official visit of Sanchez at the invitation of the King.
According to several observers, the nature of the telephone exchange between the sovereign and the Spanish head of government is a harbinger of the success of this High Level Meeting.
Also, the King’s invitation to Mr Pedro Sanchez to pay a visit to Morocco marks the interest given to this high-level meeting and beyond to the partnership with the Kingdom of Spain.
It should be noted that the Spanish head of government arrived in Rabat 1st of February 2023, accompanied by a dozen of ministers, and was received by his Moroccan counterpart.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Playback: PM Express discuss whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor
- And LPG flames its furnaces; the most potent third force?
- Education Ministry assures to fix all SHS infrastructural challenges
- I’ll be retiring from stand-up comedy in 5 years – Basketmouth
- Criminalising attempted suicide does more harm to society than good – Bernard Ahiafor
- Here is why Ghana’s plan to push ‘pedal power’ appears doomed to failure
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO
- MTN Ghana cut digital sod for ICT hub construction
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents